Douglas DeFouw

A330-P3D closes after Update

Hello,

After updating the A330 to 1.0.0.2, P3D closes without error message when I click fly now.  The event viewer log shows a KERNALBASE.DLL error and thats it.  I've reinstalled the product, verified it works without the update, and reupdated and once again the issue persists.  I've also tried the experimental 1.0.0.3 update file which causes the same issue for me.

Thanks for the guidance!

EDIT:  Tried a clean reinstall again and now the aircraft will not even load 1.0.0.0.  Here is the log from event viewer:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.13.32097, time stamp: 0x5d8abf93
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.914, time stamp: 0xfb6790ac
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x0000000000039159
Faulting process id: 0x51c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b2aa17315318
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 204b1be9-ddb1-43b0-91c8-da14a9cdb3df
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

So far I know is a Kernelbase.dll error messages mostly related to Windows.
You can try to fix Windows or switch to the autumn update right away.

Wolfgang

If you were able to use the release version and now that will not work anymore, it stands to reason something must have changed in the mean time.

After installing Aerosoft A330 update 1.0.0.4 - P3Dv45 crashes to desktop when loading any of my Aerosoft Airbus (A319, A320 and A330) aircraft. (Yes, I rebooted before launching P3D after the install). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling A330 with no updates, same crash to desktop. I uninstalled A330, but still, all of my other Aerosoft Airbus aircraft loads cause P3D to crash to desktop.   I am still able to load other stock and other vendor aircraft.

Michael DelFranco

There is no message - just a crash to desktop before P3D attempts to load the scenery.

I just uninstalled all of my Aerosoft Airbus software (A318/A319/A320/A321/A330) - renamed the existing /Documents/Airbus folder, and Reinstalled A330 with no updates - and P3D now loads the aircraft.

I've seen this same issue occasionally (P3D CTD) after previous Airbus updates going back to the A319/A320 series (earlier this year)  where I had to delete the entire Airbus folder and reinstall updates incrementally to recover and be able to use the Airbus aircraft.

Update #2 - I just Updated A330 from base version to 1.0.0.2 (no experimental updates) - successfully loaded A330 in P3D.

Next: I will attempt to update from 1.0.0.2 to 1.0.0.4

Update #3 - I just Updated A330 from 1.0.0.2  to 1.0.0.4 - successfully loaded A330 in P3D.

Next: I will re-install and test my Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 aircraft.

Event Viewer:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.13.32097, time stamp: 0x5d8abf93
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.535, time stamp: 0x50cc8d5a
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839
Faulting process id: 0x5b8c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b663a6e1202e
Faulting application path: C:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: e5d68494-f8e8-4cb1-864c-7834a929ee0d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Michael DelFranco

Hi Mike,

If you continue to have KERNELBASE.dll errors, may I suggest that you perform a clean re-install of your primary graphic card's drivers.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Also, check that your other system drivers are up to date (mainboard, audio, network etc.)

This has helped me fix these errors in the past.

Best of luck,

Dave.

I have latest NVIDIA drivers. I don't believe this is a graphic card driver issue.

At this point - my Airbus 330 is now working at the 1.0.0.4 version:

Corrective action taken:

Today, this problem was resolved after I uninstalled all Aerosoft Airbus products (A318/319/320/321 and A330) - deleted the Airbus document folder - and reinstalled the Airbus 330, and incrementally tested upgrading from base to 1.0.0.2 through 1.0.0.4.

I had no issues with stock or other vendor aircraft.

Something updated by the AS Updater process in the Airbus document folder triggered the error after updating to 1.0.0.4.  Until I deleted this folder before a reinstall, I couldn't get the A330 to load even after a reinstall to the 1.0.0.2 level.

This problem has occurred for me several times over the past year after performing Aerosoft updates for the A31x/A32x Aerosoft aircraft. This CTD only affected P3D when attempting to load my Aerosoft aircraft.

Michael DelFranco

image.png.87cb25e47229ba90b544dffdf10a4c17.png

I am having the same issue as you did with the Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll and P3D is un usable. What did you do to fix the issue?

Thank you.

Stoney

21 minutes ago, Julian Fenton said:

I am having the same issue as you did with the Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll and P3D is un usable. What did you do to fix the issue?

Thank you.

Stoney

He explains what he did in his post directly above yours.

Best wishes!

Thank you.

Stoney

Thanks Dave, 

I'll give that procedure a try!  Cheers!

Just to be clear, this error shows when the aim/add-on combination does a call the a function of the OS. and the reply is incorrect. That indicates some of the files of the OS itself are not correct. 

image.png

After going through all the procedures listed I called no joy.. Then looking at a A319 post about problems with RAAS from a few months ago,  I uninstalled that.  There is joy for the holidays!  Looking forward to doing the CLT-EGL AA run(Not the right engine variant damn it)

Google is your best friend in this case and thank you Dave, and MDFMike for the help.  Cheers and Merry Christmas from GSP!