A330 crash after P3Dv4 window resize

VBV058

When I accidentally hit with the mouse pointer on the white top bar in P3Dv4 window mode , the P3Dv4 window will resize to a smaller window, which is correct.

Pressing the Restore icon on the small white top bar, the P3Dv4 window is restored to the original maximum size.

However if I move the small P3Dv4 window over the desktop, or double click on the white top bar of the small P3Dv4 window ,  the window freezes and P3Dv4 crashes.

This phenomena is only with the Airbus professional 318 -330,  all my other planes keeps working correctly if this happens.

I had a new install of Win10, P3Dv4 & A330 ( 1.0.0.3 ) this week , so the latest’s versions.

In the past this problem was also recognized, unfortunately I could not find it back in the forums, with eventually solutions.

Please advise which steps I have to make to solve this issue.

• Aerosoft

Is there anybody who can recreate this issue?  And can you recreate it reliably?

This error is not fully unknown in P3D (no matter what the add-on) but as far as I know nobody ever could produce it on command. If you can it might help Lockheed.

I resize my P3D window and 2D popup panels all the time and I've never seen this.  In fact I not only resize them, I move P3D from a 55 inch 4K to a 23-inch 1080p monitor rather frequently as well without any issues.

A few questions...

1. Are you running EZDoc? 

2. Have you updated Windows and your graphics drivers?

3. What are your system specs?

Mobo Asus 170 Pro Gaming & i7 6700K 4,5 GH, 16GB 3000, GFORCE GTX 1080ti, Corsair 850W, 4kG-Master (3840/2160) + BENQ ( 1920/1080), Saitek X55, Logitek peddels.

Following have been done last week:

1. New Win 10 Pro , via Media Creation tool, ( first removed all discs except C disc which was complete formatted  first.
  2. NVidea driver : 441.41 ( used NVidea cleanup first, installed driver only ! )
  3. New P3Dv4 ( 4.5.13.32097 )
  4. ORBX , Global, Vector , Europe, LOWI, LEBB
  5. Microsoft Visual C++ all variants

Well all programs are working correctly, except the airbuses if we change de window size:

1. Dubble click on top bar of window screen, so window becomes smaller.
  2. Move small window with mouse in top bar of screen a little bit up and system freezes and Prepar stops working.

I completely removed EZDOK and A330 from computer, removed remaining files and used Ccleaner to clean up system.

Installed A330 again, and tested system, unfortunately with same crash results.

I made four tests, see enclosed reports from reliability monitor.

Before the last test I also removed all Microsoft Visual C++ all variants

My next step is:

Install W10 again

Install Prepar again

Install A330 again

Reliability monitor.zip

I have read the document, now I will perform :

1. Bios in safe mode, no overclocking.
  2. a clean install of win10, no use Ccleaner for the moment.
  3. check reliability monitor.
  4. install P3Dv4.5
  5. check reliability monitor.
  6. install A330
  7. check reliability monitor.

I have performed above mentioned steps:

The mipmaps in the Display fuction kills me!

I can easely repeat the fault now.

Enclosed the steps I made to instal Win10, Prepar, Hotas, Rudder & A330.

During every step I rebooted the PC and restarted P3D.

The fault does not happen with default F22 Raptor plane, only with A330 plane ( did not check 318...320 )

In the Configurator selection : Force ECAM software Rendering  : tick or untick has no influence on he fault.

I also added the logger data to the attached file. => this is all I installed on my PC now.

Perhaps the info is usefull for you,

have a great weekend!

VBV058

20191229 A330 crashes info.zip

• Aerosoft

P3d crashing on windows resize is not an uncommon issue and discussed many times in the lockheed forums over the years. I have never seen it linked directly to mipmapping though.  Our main issue is that your logfiles do not really show a lot and we are unable to recreate it.

As you did a clean OS and clean sim, we simply can't rule out hardware. If this would be an issue of the add-on every user would see the same issue and as far as we know you are the only one where mipmapping locks up the sim. That it only affects more complex aircraft does not really surprise me. Certainly not is hardware is an issue, The F22 will not make you hardware sweat in any way while the A330 certainly does. With hardware issue it is often load that causes the failures.

What is your GPU? What drivers are you using? Can you try to back one driver version?

Archived