A330 Altitude hold at Simrate 2x 4x

GL5

Hello,

I'm using A330 Version 1.0.0.3.

If I'm using higher simrates 2x or 4x the airplane doesn't hold the altitude.

The altidude is increasing. Setting was 38000ft now the aircraft is on 40000ft.

The V/S indicator jumps fast up and down.

Several warnings also appear.

Any one have this issue too?

Regards

Please login to display this image.

I have tested the Simulation rates rather extensively, and so long as you are able to maintain good frame rates (above 18fps) continally during the simulator time acceleration, you should be just fine.  What frame rates do you get in regular time mode and during acceleration?

2 hours ago, GL5 said:

The rates are about 30fps to 60fps

Okay, I'll have to test this and see if there was a change between version 1.0.0.1 and the latst version. My plate is pretty full today, but I will test and get back to you!

Hi,

Just from my experience, the plane regardless of sim speed bounces when frames drop (loading scenery area such as big cities or airports). If you are on 2X or 4X this is made extreme due to the increased time speed. Over the ocean i get very smooth flight even at 8X and mostly over land too but i learned near big cities i slow it down to normal. Hope this helps.

Hi,

i made a video to show what happen at 4x.

The longer you are 4x, the greater the height deviation.

The video was made over the atlantic ocean.

Regards

Please login to view this video.

Please login to view this video.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You seem to have these small stutters where your simulator fps drops below 18 that probably causes this issue. So you would need to try to get rid of these stutters first.

I'm using other aircraft e.g. PMDG 747-400, 747-8, 737NGXu, QW 787, Fslabs A320 with simrate 4x, but without any problems holding the altitude.

Regardless of the region (city or ocean) I fly over.

So I think this is a issue with the A330.

I think my hardware is not the slowset:

Processor: Intel i7 8700k at 3.7 GHz

RAM: 16GB

Graphic: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super

Harddisk: separate SSD for OS and SIM

• Deputy Sheriffs

Due to the nature how the Aerosoft A330 has been coded and how it's interacting directly with P3D we require fps to always stay above 18. If it's not you will see strange things happen that we cannot unfortunately do anything for. I am sorry that I cannot be much more help here. 

It seems strange that the A32x line of products don't experience this issue. 

My sim stays above 18 fps and I still get the managed mode disconnect at 4x and it seems that to counter an overspeed the aircraft climbs rather than reducing thrust, strange.

15 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Agreed. Something happened during one if the last two updates. We are on it.

Thanks Dave

2x seems to be ok, just as soon as I go to 4x it all goes pear shaped - will watch and wait :)

18 hours ago, balus said:

Thanks Dave

2x seems to be ok, just as soon as I go to 4x it all goes pear shaped - will watch and wait :)

Actually it will screw up at x2 as well, just depends on the other variables.  We had it fairly stable at x4 and even as high as x8 (though we don't recommend that) at release. 

We'll be back at work on this and other issues after the holidays.

Best wishes!

• Aerosoft
On 12/22/2019 at 6:03 AM, balus said:

Thanks Dave

2x seems to be ok, just as soon as I go to 8x it all goes pear shaped - will watch and wait :)

Read the manual on that.  I can fly it on x4 without issues following my own advise.

On 12/23/2019 at 9:15 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Read the manual on that.  I can fly it on x4 without issues following my own advise.

Why does your quote of my post say 8x when I typed 4x and previous quotes show it as 4x?

I have read the manual very carefully, and still refer to it, however with my fps above the mentioned 16 (on page 16, cute:)), I still get autopilot issues - I’ve even had altitude hold disengage with 30 fps when I am at 4x.

For now I will watch and wait and use 2x only.

No change in the latest update - tested at 4x with frames between 30 and 40, managed mode was disconnected and a 100 ft VS was set, throttle annunciation went to TOGA LCK. I reduced the sim rate to 2x, re-engaged managed mode for altitude and turned the A/T off and back on to continue my flight.

I run an i7 8700K at 4.7 GHz with 16 GB RAM and an nVidia GTX1080ti and have configured P3D as per the settings from DAVECT2003 in this post 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am not sure if this is the cause but when we had to make some adjustments into the FBW logic shortly after release those changes could have had an affect on the stability of the aircraft when using sim rate. On our tests however it has not affected when using 2x or 4x rates but with 8x we started to see some oscillations.

Even though you say that fps is always between 30-40, just make sure it ALWAYS stays above 18. Even short periods and micro stutters where it drops for very short time below 18 can cause this behavior unfortunately and there is not much we can do about it.

5 hours ago, Secondator said:

I am not sure if this is the cause but when we had to make some adjustments into the FBW logic shortly after release those changes could have had an affect on the stability of the aircraft when using sim rate. On our tests however it has not affected when using 2x or 4x rates but with 8x we started to see some oscillations.

Even though you say that fps is always between 30-40, just make sure it ALWAYS stays above 18. Even short periods and micro stutters where it drops for very short time below 18 can cause this behavior unfortunately and there is not much we can do about it.

In my flight yesterday I was purposefully monitoring the fps counter as I increased to 4x, and it did not drop below 30.

Volume 1 of the manual mentions that 16 is the "magic" fps number, is it now 18?

It seems strange that other add-ons, at a similar price point, seem to be able to handle 4x and 8x, but the A330 cannot?

I know that all add-ons have unexpected bugs rise to the surface on release, and hope that this one will be addressed rather than being put into the "too hard" basket as suggested by the last line in your post.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just want to give you some feedback for the last experimental updates regarding my reported issue at simrates 2x and 4x.

I've been doing some long haul flights lately with Version 1.0.0.5 and 1.0.0.6.

I can say, the aircraft flies now very accurately on it's height and course even at higher simrates (2x to 4x).

I'm also using Active Sky for the weather, no problem at all.

Maybe the improvement has somthing to do with changes at the FBW-System.

I didn't change my hardware or settings.

Hope this feedback helps the developers.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

My Experiences so with patch 1.0.0.6

the checklist pilot call outs stopped working after CLB. The option to manually start the checklist for descent was not available to me in the MCDU3.

i have yesterday carried out a flight NZAA to ZGGG - the fuel calculation was incorrect on the fuel planner - out by at least 15-20 kg - ran out of all fuel on the last leg on approach.

I know this issue has been raised, but just thought i would point it out hoping for an update soon.

As for flying the A330 at x2 x4 x8 and x16 - my experience is this;

I can only safely use speed increases once in cruise.

If the Active Sky weather has complex upper winds, and much cloud then it is a waste of time speeding up the Simulation as the A330 will become unflyable.

If it is relatively calm upper winds I can safely fly at x2 , x4 and at a push x8. No matter how much I want I cannot use x16 unless I disable all weather completely.

My 2 cents. Still enjoying this bird though. See my comments as not a negative feed, rather a great desire to improve the A330!

12 minutes ago, raykhughes said:

My Experiences so with patch 1.0.0.6

the checklist pilot call outs stopped working after CLB. The option to manually start the checklist for descent was not available to me in the MCDU3.

i have yesterday carried out a flight NZAA to ZGGG - the fuel calculation was incorrect on the fuel planner - out by at least 15-20 kg - ran out of all fuel on the last leg on approach.

I know this issue has been raised, but just thought i would point it out hoping for an update soon.

As for flying the A330 at x2 x4 x8 and x16 - my experience is this;

I can only safely use speed increases once in cruise.

If the Active Sky weather has complex upper winds, and much cloud then it is a waste of time speeding up the Simulation as the A330 will become unflyable.

If it is relatively calm upper winds I can safely fly at x2 , x4 and at a push x8. No matter how much I want I cannot use x16 unless I disable all weather completely.

My 2 cents. Still enjoying this bird though. See my comments as not a negative feed, rather a great desire to improve the A330!

1. Checklist... I'll let the Checklist Developer (Hanse) Address this. I don't use the Checklist, never have, and never ever will.

2. The flight in question is over 5000 miles long and involves great circle navigation, SIDs and STARs, which our Fuel Planner will NEVER be able to calculate.  We have always recommended using Simbrief, PFPX, or another more accurate means of calculating fuel, and them send that calculated fuel amount to sim via the Fuel Planner.

3. Experience with Time Acceleration is really based on individual hardware and settings, which addons and other software is  running, and which settings are used in P3D, the weather engine and other software. Basically anything that places an additional demand on the system, such as a lot of weather. This is the same for all flight sim aircraft which use the P3DE Time Acceleration Feature.  There is really not much we can do to improve this beyond what we have already done, but we're always looking.

4. Thanks for the comments!  We don't take them negatively and we always appreciate the constructive feedback!  My responses are purely direct faction, designed to help by providing the facts.

Thanks again my friend!

Archived