A330 Pro engine sound doesnt return after loss of focus

fahdriyami

I have a multi-display setup, one display for the flight sim and the other for ProjectFly, Navigraph charts, AS etc. When I click away from the simulator, the sim sounds mute, as is the usual behavior, but when clicking back, sounds return, except for the engine sounds.

Engine sounds return for the first few times (maybe 10-20 click in's and out's), but eventually, the engine sounds never return.

33 minutes ago, fahdriyami said:

I have a multi-display setup, one display for the flight sim and the other for ProjectFly, Navigraph charts, AS etc. When I click away from the simulator, the sim sounds mute, as is the usual behavior, but when clicking back, sounds return, except for the engine sounds.

Engine sounds return for the first few times (maybe 10-20 click in's and out's), but eventually, the engine sounds never return.

Thank you very much for the report, and I have added this to my To-Do List for checking today or tomorrow.

In the meantime there are two things you can do.

1. There is a long standing FSX/P3d bug that randomly mutes the sound when changing window focus from one to another including the dekstop. When this occurs you can get the sounds back by pressing the "Q" key twice.

2. Be suire the Mute on Lost Focus is NOT checked in the P3D settings (see screen shot below).

Please login to display this image.

Thanks again for the report!

Best wishes!

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Will be looked at next week.

Thank you, Mathijs.

6 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

And... way to highjack a topic.  Please, don't do that! 

Apologies, Dave. Won't happen again.

2 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Thank you, Mathijs.

Apologies, Dave. Won't happen again.

No worries my friend.  We're all flight sim users here, and I've done it myself (and I get hammered when i do it to... LOL!)

Sending you a PM, looking forward to hearing back!

Archived