Multiple Problems: Going On 8 hours trying to fix now

TorontoGooner

I'm going to try and get support for a third time:

Here are my problems, as I've already listed.

1. Yesterday for no reason, my instant download was taken down, then reappeared. In that time, I had continuously reinstalled my airbus to try and fix the problem that the Aerosoft Updater could not find the A330 (it could however, find my CRJ)

2. Once I got the download back, I tired reinstalling the a330 in just about every folder on my PC. Still, the updater would not find the a330. I have followed the advice on this forum.

3. I have completely uninstalled everything to do with p3d and its addons on my PC. I reinstalled p3d and then only the a330, and still the updater could not find it (show below)

4. I've spent hours trying to fix a problem that should be easily solved. The inability to download updates separately, or even just to reinstall the updater have left me close to giving up.

5. I now have to figure out (on my own, I should add), how to get the A330 to work on my PC without all the problems it had at release.

6. I also have spend the whole day trying to reinstall over thirty different addons onto my p3d. I'm not sure I'll bother with the aerosoft ones.

Can someone from Aerosoft please just send me a download/installer for the latest version of the a330?!! This whole episode has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I just want to fly the damn thing and there be no "Lights On!" screaming at me or a fuel planner that actually works.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The error you are showing seems to be related to the fact that you use a special character in your username. TBH not a real good idea; although MS decided to allow this, most software will run into problems with something like that.

The latest installer is the one you find in your shop account. Minor updates are only done via the ASUpdater.

30 minutes ago, mopperle said:

The error you are showing seems to be related to the fact that you use a special character in your username. TBH not a real good idea; although MS decided to allow this, most software will run into problems with something like that.

The latest installer is the one you find in your shop account. Minor updates are only done via the ASUpdater.

Ok, thank you so much for your help

EDIT: I have windows 10 home edition, so I am unable to change my username

2 hours ago, TorontoGooner said:

Ok, thank you so much for your help

EDIT: I have windows 10 home edition, so I am unable to change my username

That can't be right, you should be able to change your username in Windows 10 Home. Try following this guide: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-account-name-windows-10/

18 hours ago, fahdriyami said:

That can't be right, you should be able to change your username in Windows 10 Home. Try following this guide: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-account-name-windows-10/

Well, to cut a long story short, I tried and now I have lost everything, and I mean everything, when I had to reset my PC. Aerosoft have still not reached out to me, I've heard nothing. Honestly, I'm done with them and will be staying away from their products in future. The rely on customers being computer programmers just to get their products to work.

I have lost everything I had on my PC based on advice I got here. And guess what? I still can't get the update to work. Shambles.

• Aerosoft

Ahum, it seems a bit harsh to blame us for messing up your windows account don;t you think. There are few tens of thousands of people where it does work.

But alright, if you don't want to deal with us anymore we'll survive.

Archived