A330 GO AROUND FMA Shows G/S LOC

jackjoe

• Deputy Sheriffs

Something else has to be wrong because you are in TOGA LK.

Can please show a screenshot during Appr before you apply GA?

We need to see PFD, FCU and PERF page.

Second screenshot when you perform the GA.

Thanks for the reply!

Here are the screenshots of another try. In this case its not TOGA LK its MAN TOGA.

Regards

Please login to display this image.

Its just the same Bob.

Reason for not using managed mode is just another issue - I get a constant SPEED, SPEED warning.

Best regards
JJ

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, jackjoe said:

Its just the same Bob.

Reason for not using managed mode is just another issue - I get a constant SPEED, SPEED warning.

Best regards
JJ

Last time I did a GA all was working fine. Will get back after holiday.

Instead selected you can also enter manually a higher VAPP at the appr page.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm still having this issue regardless of the kind of APP or the FMA Modes at setting the THR Levers to TOGA.

Is there any solution to it or did somebody experience the same?

Regards

Its the "CH Throttle Quadrant".

If I get the "MAN TOGA" as in your screenshot the rest of the FMA modes remain in whatever mode it was before pushing the throttles to TOGA.

Thank you!

Calibrating the CHTQ was the right hint, now the GA is OK with SRS & NAV.

BUT each time after starting a new SIM session and a 330 flight I have to PAUSE the SIM and CALIBRATE AGAIN!

How could that be? 

I never would have thought of this since I never had to calibrate in over 5 years with numerous addon aircraft.

I forgot in the previous post to mention that I had tried to "assign the throttle via P3D menu instead fsuipc". 

That was a real mess - throttle 2 didn't move at all. Looks like something is wrong with my CHTQ. I'll check that.

Anyhow I would never ever sim without FSUIPC.

On 2/19/2020 at 1:05 AM, jackjoe said:

I forgot in the previous post to mention that I had tried to "assign the throttle via P3D menu instead fsuipc". 

That was a real mess - throttle 2 didn't move at all. Looks like something is wrong with my CHTQ. I'll check that.

Anyhow I would never ever sim without FSUIPC.

@jackjoe Can you remember if in your situation the Thrust Lever 1 reach TOGA detent, even that Lever 2 didnt move?

I've helped correct a issues that several people have had with FSUIPC / P3D thrust lever setups.  I realize part of this may not make sense, but give this a try:

1. Rename, or cut and paste your FSUIPC.cfg file so that it is no longer recognized by FSUIPC.

2. Start P3D and remove and reassign the thrust levels, do not change the calibration settings, and then test in the aircraft. 

3. If you wish to have to use FSUIPC for the Airbus (not our recommendation), then first remove the P3D control bindings, close and restart P3D, and then close P3D again.  Then restart P3D and rebind the Airbus controls in FSUIPC. 

4. Close P3D, copy and past non-Airbus aircraft entries from your previous FSUIPC.cfg file to the new FSUIPC.cfg, except of course for the newly created FSUIPC Airbus bindings.

Let us know how you make out.

Hi Dave,

I renamed the FSUIPC.cfg and assigned the throttle axis in P3D but the issue is the same. FMA shows MAN TOGA GS LOC.

But I think I found the cause of this. Calibrating the CH-THR-Qudrant with the CH-Utility then the FMA changes to SRS and NAV regardless of the axis assigned in P3D or FSUIPC.

And I don't have any other issues with FSUIPC and the throttle setup.

But then with the CH-Quadrant-Throttles in idle detent the engines are in REV-Thrust on the ground.

This is also true for the PMDG 37 and 47 and the QW 787. I have to advance the throttles a considerable way out of the idle detent for forward idle thrust.

There is no way out but using the CH-Delete-Utility to delete the throttle calibration. 

But why does the 330 not change to the TOGA-mode despite the throttles in the VC move all the way to the forward stop or TOGA detent and the FMA shows MAN TOGA?

Hope you have a solution for this.

Thanks

The thrust levet3and modes wirk withmy Saitek, Thrustmaster, and are known to work with many other thrust levers so I really have no idea why they aren't working for you, though something like like this is usually calibration.

Perhaps asking CH Products?

I did not mean the hardware or CH Throttle detent ...

On 24.2.2020 at 19:29, jackjoe sagte:

But why does the 330 not change to the TOGA-mode despite the throttles in the VC move all the way to the forward stop or TOGA detent and the FMA shows MAN TOGA?

looks like this is also an A330  issue - in 5 years of FSX and P3D with CH Throttle never any problem and never had to calibrate before

10 minutes ago, jackjoe said:

I did not mean the hardware or CH Throttle detent ...

looks like this is also an A330  issue - in 5 years of FSX and P3D with CH Throttle never any problem and never had to calibrate before

It may look like this to you because of the calibration, but I never experience this with my thrust levers nor have I provided support to anyone who has had this issue.  Thus at this point I have to assume it's a calibration issue or bad pot, so I believe CH is the one to help you sort this out.  To be blunt, I do not believe nor do I see any indication this is caused by our software and nobody else has this issue my friend.

Please let us know how you make out with CH Products?

Best wishes.

vor 21 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

To be blunt, I do not believe nor do I see any indication this is caused by our software and nobody else has this issue my friend.

Please let us know how you make out with CH Products?

Best wishes.

Here is the answer of CH Products:

"The Control Manager is an optional program we offer, and it is not needed in order to use our products.  We recommend uninstalling this optional program, and calibrating normally with the Windows Game Controllers menu."

I have done all that but the issue with the TOGA mode remains no matter if I assign the throttles in FSUIPC or P3D.

One question my friend, did you ever test your software with the CH-THR-Quadrant (maybe you should give it a try and maybe you find a cause) and second my friend that allegedly nobody else has this issue (reported) doesn't proove anything.

I do not like to say it again but how is it possible that upon advancing the throttles to the forward mechanical stop the FMA on one side changes to MAN Toga and on the other side remains in G/S LOC e.g.?

And finally in order not to be misunderstood the A330 is absolutely marvelous - a real gem!

Best wishes

30 minutes ago, jackjoe said:

I do not like to say it again but how is it possible that upon advancing the throttles to the forward mechanical stop the FMA on one side changes to MAN Toga and on the other side remains in G/S LOC e.g.?

I hear you, the answer is calibration.

Now, please forgive me, but you are having a system issue and that is not something we can assist you with.  If CH Products is unable to unwilling to assist you with your controller then I don't know what to tell you, but since the issue is not on our side and not one of our thousands upon thousands of customers have reported this issue then it's simply not on our side.

That will have to be my final word on this matter, though I'll happily leave this thread open.  You can also put in a support ticket with us if you wish, but I have  zero confidence this is something we can or should even be trying to help you with.  Please understand that we 're not a company who offers unpaid support for flight simmers, we sell and support our products, and this is not a problem with our product.

I do wish you the best.

vor 17 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

..., though I'll happily leave this thread open. 

I would be glad if someone could confirm your point of view in telling here not having the same issue with the CH Throttle Quadrant. (Or the other way round)

Best regards

5 hours ago, jackjoe said:

I would be glad if someone could confirm your point of view in telling here not having the same issue with the CH Throttle Quadrant. (Or the other way round)

Best regards

I completely agree, and why I left the thread open.

Best wishes for resolving this. You may also benefit from posting this on AVSIM as you are likely to find many more CH Products owners there than here.

Again, best wishes my friend.

Archived