MIA-LHR Flight

TimC340

I haven’t managed to get time to try the AS330 Pro yet, as I’m a bit too busy with the real thing. As this flight was on an aircraft represented in the release pack, I thought some may be interested in these pictures, which cover from doing the Pre-Flight walkround at MIA to sitting on the ground at LHR waiting for a gate allocation! 

Points of interest, given some of the discussion here: note the fuel flows in the cruise. This is a relatively light aircraft (TOW 202 tonnes). We had quite a tailwind! Airbus’s strange offset hold entry (the aircraft flies a ground track in the hold, not a simulation of the wind-corrected flight path you’d manually calculate in GA flying).

Please login to display this image.

Please login to view this video.

I never pay much attention to the fuel flow when I fly the heavies on sim, I guess there is less concern about running out! Haha. But is that around 5 tonne an hour?! Or almost a tonne every 10 minutes. Yikes. And that's light with a tail wind

4 hours ago, petetech said:

I never pay much attention to the fuel flow when I fly the heavies on sim, I guess there is less concern about running out! Haha. But is that around 5 tonne an hour?! Or almost a tonne every 10 minutes. Yikes. And that's light with a tail wind

The wind makes absolutely no difference to fuel flow; it's simply a measure of how much fuel the engines are using in a given time, in this case kg/hr. If it was a measure of fuel used per unit distance, that would be different. The weight does affect it, obviously, and towards the end of the flight (but still in the cruise) it may be down below 4000kg/hr. I would expect to see somewhat lower fuel consumption in the A339 (Neo) when it arrives, which will be much closer to the B787-9. The A346, on the other hand, will start the cruise at around 9 to 9.5T per hour at 350T AUW, reducing to around 7.5T/hr at 240T.

Archived