White EFB - not controllable

Erwin_P3D

Hello!

After having had some issues with the new A330 product I'm still left with one problem which I can't solve myself. The EFB has a solid white colour and is not controllable by clicking on this EFB screen.

Information about my sytem:

Latest P3D version (P3D 4.5 Hotfix 2 )

3rd party shaders ( tomato shade and reshade), but even without I'm still experiencing the same.

Latest Experimental Version ( 1.0.0.3 Experimental ) installed.

I already checked out following posts but their possible soulutions didn't help either:

So... What kind of solutions have the developers?

Cheers,

Erwin

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, here is nothing to fix. Works perfect for 99,99% of the users.

Please list all the shader tweaks you use, your monitor settings, graphicard settings (in  Windows and/or Nvidia inspector etc.). Best you take screenshots.

• Aerosoft

And read Vol 1 of the manuals.  P3D has some rather serious lighting issues and Lockheed so far has not responded to our (and other) comments on it.

If you have a P3D without any changes and the settings as advised in the manual you will see the EFB like this:

Please login to display this image.

I have set HDR and lighting to those recommended in the manual and these forums and still cannot get a readable EFB, it is too bright in day settings and partly readable in night switch. I have adjusted HDR outside those recommended but cannot get an acceptable display. I'm using Envshade for my shaders, have deleted my shaders folder and rebuilt but still luck. Any new suggestions would be appreciated. Images show days and night display

Steve

• Aerosoft

Not sure how to help you, clearly your shaders are not standard at this moment.

Also keep in mind that P3D tries to simulate the fact your eyes need to adjust to different lighting conditions and it does so not too well.  Try panning down to the darker sections of your VC, stay there a few seconds and then pan up to the EFB. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I also suggest to remove all graphiccard setting done by external tools, like Nvidia Inspector etc. Also make sure that your monitor got a minimum of correct calibration. I simply can not recreate your issue:

14 hours ago, mopperle said:

I also suggest to remove all graphiccard setting done by external tools, like Nvidia Inspector etc. Also make sure that your monitor got a minimum of correct calibration. I simply can not recreate your issue:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't use any of these settings

14 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not sure how to help you, clearly your shaders are not standard at this moment.

Also keep in mind that P3D tries to simulate the fact your eyes need to adjust to different lighting conditions and it does so not too well.  Try panning down to the darker sections of your VC, stay there a few seconds and then pan up to the EFB. 

Thanks Mathijs  for your reply, given that I cannot properly use the EFB, could you consider, in future updates, a provision to turn the EFB screen 'OFF'. It can be quite distracting when panning around the VC because of it's brightness.Cann I also mention that I had the brightness issue in the Qualitywings 787 EFB but could adjust the brightness within the menu or by adding settings to the qw787.cfg file

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

What we did is fully web standard because we want to prepare for Flight Simulator

I understand your preparation for this new MS2020, but surely the issue is here and now and relating to Prepar3d v4.5, which I would say, is  the A330 Professional platform of release and any bugs to this, addressed. Having said this, I'm glad a future release will include the ability to turn the EFF "OFF" (and maybe a hide from view, similar to that on the TFDi 717).

• Aerosoft

The issue is ONLY there on P3d's that are not standard or with other settings then we advise.  So we simply have no plans to change it,, if we would we would have to make dozens of versions to match each individual users systems. You understand that that simply is not feasible.

Archived