Aerosoft A330 makes P3D not take keyboard input

EmilPer

Hello,

I've recently purchased the new pre-release AS A330 pro for P3D v4.5. Now after a couple of lfights I started to encounter the issues that I'm having at the moment. This issues is that when I load into and fly the 330, P3D doesn't take any keyboard input at all. For example, it doesn't accept native P3D keyboard commands such as Q to mute, it won't even let me Alt+Enter to fullscreen. But here's the thing. This only happens while I'm loaded in with the 330. I've tried with multiple different airplanes, and this only happens with the 330. I've also made sure to run P3D and all apps linked to it as admin, I've tried a different keyboard, and tried uninstalling and installing both keyboard drivers and the P3D client.msi.

Thanks for any and all help!

If this helps in any way:

Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2

P3D v4.5 (Latest hotfix) 

Active Sky

FlyChrono

ChasePlane (Tried without)

Hello Emil!  Welcome back to the forums my friend!

1. Do you have P3Dv4.5 with Hot Fix 2 installed?  If not, at a minimum please update the P3D Client (Prepar3d Client) to version 4.5 hot Fix 2.  You won't need to install Hot Fix 1 as the P3D updates are cumulative. P3Dv4.5 with Hot Fix 2 is also known as Prepar3D_v4_Academic_4.5.13.32097.

You can check  your version of P3D by  booting up P3D or by looking at the software in Windows, Control Panel, Programs and Features (see screen shot below for an example):

Please login to display this image.

2. Are you running P3D as Administrator?  If not, would you please set P3D to run as Administrator and let us know if this resolves the issue?

3. If you have specific software running which interfaces with your keyboard, then it will run as Administrator if you are running P3D as Administrator.  Incidently, clients for online flight sim servers and clients for voice servers (or any other software you consider running while P3D us up and running must also be run as Administrator.  Please let us know if this resolves the issue?

Lookinjg forward to hearing back from you!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Great advice already from Dave that I definitely recommend you have a look into. One thing that came to my mind. Is the EFB keyboard input on by any chance. You can check this on the upper frame of the EFB. If the green light is on, then keyboard input is active and sim keyboard controls will nto work. To disable click the upper frame and the green light will go out.

• 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, TheScottishFlyer said:

Hello, I am also getting this problem... I have the hotfix installed

Very sorry to hear you're having this issue.  Please let us know which version of the A330 you have, and take a look at what is posted above and let us know if you have tried that?

4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Very sorry to hear you're having this issue.  Please let us know which version of the A330 you have, and take a look at what is posted above and let us know if you have tried that?

The latest, I just downloaded.

14 minutes ago, TheScottishFlyer said:

The latest, I just downloaded.

Thanks for the information.  We will have to wait for you you to tell us about the other information asked in the post above before continuing.  In addition to what we're waiting to hear from you about, do you have the same issue with other payware and P3D default aircraft?

• 1 year later...

Archived