EFB WebSimBrowsers cannot load URL

Marcus K 929

Hi,

Apparently I just updated to v1.0.0.2 on the Aerosoft A330 Professional. The EFB was fine and can browse online when I was still at v1.0.0.1. but soon as I updated it, I can no longer browse the links. It said I was missing the link files (as below), but I already have those in the correct locations. I also have my internet enabled btw. Can someone kindly help me with this issue? Million Thanks!

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, just found the solution. It is not a bug, but really need to look carefully to the file structure;

This is how the original file looks like:

As you can see, the 2nd last entry (windy.com) ends with a comma.

If you now add another line, you have to make sure that now the "new" 2nd last item ends with a comma:

13 hours ago, mopperle said:

OK, just found the solution. It is not a bug, but really need to look carefully to the file structure;

This is how the original file looks like:

As you can see, the 2nd last entry (windy.com) ends with a comma.

If you now add another line, you have to make sure that now the "new" 2nd last item ends with a comma:

I thought that all the lines need a comma, so I added a comma to all of it. I guess that I shouldn't have add it all, but million thanks for the solution🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But please keep in mind many sites will not run in this worst browser in Internet history.

please Mathijs share this, I'm pretty sure that the solution is tho be careful with coma. this will be add to instruction of A330.

Ok it worked, but I guess another problem appeared.

So I was clicking on the links after the whole system has loaded in, and I clicked one of them that I have inserted and contained i-frame, then as after I clicked in and the page loaded in, the whole sim froze and the sim crashed a few seconds later (probably because the sim closed on it-self), happened for a few times when I clicked the links I added. What's the issue this time btw? Hope you can provide a solution soon! Thx! 

(ps, do you need the links for reference?)

• Deputy Sheriffs

As Mathijs said, the browser enigine we had to use is very old and "basic" to say at least. That simply means that some websites might not work. I also found I website, not working. This happen obviously when this site uses a technique not supported by the browser.

But I must say, there is hardly a site to found hat really makes sense to view in the EFB. IMHO this "link" thing is more an eyecandy. ;)

43 minutes ago, mopperle said:

As Mathijs said, the browser enigine we had to use is very old and "basic" to say at least. That simply means that some websites might not work. I also found I website, not working. This happen obviously when this site uses a technique not supported by the browser.

But I must say, there is hardly a site to found hat really makes sense to view in the EFB. IMHO this "link" thing is more an eyecandy. ;)

Mmmm ok, but do you guys plan to switch to another better browser engine on the future? (Just curious and want to ask here)

• 3 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

You can do his by your own, but we do not recommend it. The broweser engine for the EFB has very limited capabilities (for good reason) and might some websites not display correctly.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived