Release: Lukla X -Mount Everest

From what I tried I can tell that the Aerosoft BeaverX, Carenado C206, RealAir SF260 and Cheyenne take off easily from Lukla. The Beaver and C206 are also quite easy to land. I think the Cheyenne and SF260 will have a tendency to overshoot the runway.

The Beaver X can even climb to the Everest base camp. But you have to push her to the limits for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have forked out some more currency, and again it is worth every cent! Lukla X is a lot of fun, and the flight up to the mountain (come on, don't tell me this wasn't the first place you headed for once you had taken off!) is a real treat!

I tried the wonderful Beaver (swapping from the Caravan in the default flight) and it does what you want it to! My 2nd landing however ended up with the undercarriage "collapsed" and sitting on my belly - I should have taken a bit more notice of that airspeed! :oops:

I can highly recommend this scenery, it is (as usual) wonderful! Really smooth on framerates too!

I also recommend Tim Conrad's free OV-10 Bronco which is ideal for these altitudes, and is fantastic for sightseeing! Why it would be here is a mystery, maybe border patrols?

I hope you Aerosoft guys continue to make the iconic places like this - they are always a winner! Maybe a South Pole scenery with some bases? :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Coming into Lukla in the Aerosoft Beaver I have had pretty good luck with full flaps, 50 knots, and 9400 ft on the approach.

Earl

P.S, Can anyone advise of the elevation at basecamp ?

Does anyone have the lat & long at basecamp ?

• 1 month later...

Love this new release.

Can anyone give me any kind of list of aircraft (including choppers) I can use here. Most of the FSX default aircraft I have won't either start or take off. :)

The Aerosoft beaverX I can use but it seems to lose power a few minutes after take off ?

Being new to flight simming I need all the help I can get.

I searched but may have not used the correct key word to find any topics related to my question.

thanks

Hey Aces, try the Baron or the C172 (default)

I lean the mixture back to 50% or so - compensates for thin atmosphere

Keep your carb +/- pitot heat on if icing conditions.

Theres a lot more detail in the readmes

Longers

• 4 weeks later...

I would LOVE to see some replacement runway textures for Syangboche and the lower one.

Imo they have that tigerstrip look and it just looks wrong.

No biggie but if its not difficult, I would like see some plain old dirt strip textures.

Or if its just a matter of switching them or renaming them, a quick tutorial and I will try.

Thanks, Jim

(...)I think the Cheyenne and SF260 will have a tendency to overshoot the runway.(...)

you think? I've tried it many times and it doesn't work at all, you either FALL onto the runway and find yourself below afterwards or you're coming in too fast and head for the mountain.

Landing the F-18 there is much much MUCH easier (even fully loaded and with tailwind).

Perfect scenery btw and Fun to fly there 8). Now I do even own the Twotter and she is THE (!) perfect match for Lukla. Honestly, a full flap landing in cockpitview is much easier to me in Lukla than down at MSL. Nice Combination^^

I too am enjoying Lukla X with Aerosoft's Twin Otter - great stuff !

One question - after my Lukla X installation, there are a whole series of *.agn files in the texture folder (along with the *.bgl's)

Can these agns be safely deleted ?

Longers

Now I do even own the Twotter and she is THE (!) perfect match for Lukla.

Yes, I too love the Twinotter. And I guess I will get the Do 228 as well, as soon as it gets released (not by Aerosoft). This will then be THE OTHER (!) plane for Lukla. ;):)

Lukla is the only scenery addon I have and not having seen *.agn before I wasn't sure.

Just get VFR Germany. There you have about 70.000 AGN files... ;)

• 2 months later...
Hi,

i have some strange problems with LuklaX.

If i start at Lukla, everything is fine, but if i fly to Lukla, it looks like that (Mesh res=19m, Mesh compl=92):

92313925vs0.th.jpg

66693858ov5.th.jpg

Why?

Thanks.

I just experienced the same problem. If I start from Lukla everything is fine. When I return after an extensive trip, the airport looks exactly like on these pictures. Also if I start from Another Airport Lukla looks like that. Unfortunately the "solution" thread is down. Can anybody help? btw I only got standard FSX wit Lukla and Twin Otter addons. No additional sceneries. THX!!

I just experienced the same problem. If I start from Lukla everything is fine. When I return after an extensive trip, the airport looks exactly like on these pictures. Also if I start from Another Airport Lukla looks like that. Unfortunately the "solution" thread is down. Can anybody help? btw I only got standard FSX wit Lukla and Twin Otter addons. No additional sceneries. THX!!

Just have a look at the FAQs here (registration required). There you will find a solution for the problem:

http://aerosoft-shop.com/support.php?language=en

Bests,

Sascha

• 7 months later...

I've read here something about Bangda airport, about not being able to shoot some pictures in that area, thus not having anough data for FSX.

D'ya really need those?! :D I mean, you could easily check on G. Earth, right?

I really want that airport! :P