Release: Lukla X -Mount Everest

• Aerosoft

The most challenging airport in FS history now available for FSX!

We can almost guarantee you will mess up your first landing there and when you complete your first landing there without panicking you will be a better pilot. The scenery is fully FSX, using all the new features such as bump maps, scenery sounds and high detail mesh and textures. But you won't care about that as you wrestle your aircraft to the runway. Not even the sight of Mount Everest towering over Lukla will impress you. Only the sloped runway at 9000+ feet ending in a very solid stone wall will be on your mind.

If you happen been crashing in the FS2004 version on this airport, we are glad to offer you a 50% discount on the sales price. Please note the missions will come early next year as we want to tune them to a few other products about to be released.

Check out these images, you will find a lot more on the product page: http://www.aerosoft-shop2.com/products/luklax/luklax.html

aero_luklax_08.jpg

aero_luklax_12.jpg

aero_luklax_04.jpg

aero_luklax_07.jpg

aero_luklax_02.jpg

Btw, the Twin Otter shown in the images is the one we will release early 2008. The PERFECT aircraft for this scenery.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft
WOW! awesome pix mr. kok :!:

will there be a boxed version?

I doubt that. We feel it does not make real sense for a product like this (small download size and limited audience). No matter what we do, it would add another 8 euro or so to the price and that would just not be right. There are no maps for this airport, no printed checklists you need, we would just be making some shops happy. We much rather do that with products that do benefit from a boxed release.

On the other hand.... I don't decide that, so who knows.

• Aerosoft
hmm, okay...

just my opinion: I'd even pay 30€ (that is 2 more than you suggested). I think it's worth it.

If no - I'll download it...

It's no, lol.

But let me ask, why would you like this in boxed format? We do have the CD delivery option for the download as well.

i'm just one of those guys who are always lucky with hard drive crashes when it comes to things such as this... and then everything is gone. I don't wanna make a Back-up once a day (once a month would be okay, but that's already time enough for my hard drive to crash^^')

that's why i've preferred boxed products up to now...

I've heard of that CD delivery option and I'd have used it, anyway. what does it cost?

• Aerosoft
i'm just one of those guys who are always lucky with hard drive crashes when it comes to things such as this... and then everything is gone. I don't wanna make a Back-up once a day (once a month would be okay, but that's already time enough for my hard drive to crash^^')

I've heard of that CD delivery option and I'd have used it, anyway. what does it cost?

Think something like 7 euro for worldwide shipment.

BUT... if you bought a download copy you only need to know your name and email address used when you bought it and we'll make sure you will be able to get a fresh copy. The last version, fully updated.

Normally our downloads are valid for 12 months, but we have never turned down a customer after that and we don't intend to do so. If you bought it we'll make sure you can use it. In fact it is what I do... if I install a new system I just download all our products again and install them. If I would do so from box I would need to check if there were updates.

NOTE.... This is NOT to say boxed copies are not the best option for many products. For many sceneries we got the license to include printed maps, for many aircraft a printed manual will beat a PDF file any day. For Lukla however, they would simply be no reason not to pick the download version. Fear of loosing you registration or the file should be the leats of your fears, that is our problem, not yours. Okay?

Lovely fun... It's installed and I am flying around already (er... I was before - on the beta :wink:) Anyway... you call flying the TWOtter a challenge for Lukla?

Well, yes, I guess it is. But for those madcap aviators out there, try setting up a glider launch. You have to "slew" your glider to the top of the runway to start, but the air-tow works miraculously. Oh - and the MS tow plane is as daft as the MS team... it doesn't turn, so don't forget to release the tow rope before you get pulled straight into the opposite mountain :lol:

And once you are flying over Lukla in your glider... spare a thought to your landing... you need enough roll left in your landing run to take you onto the flat(ter) bit

GlideLukla_1.jpg

• Aerosoft
Lovely fun... It's installed and I am flying around already (er... I was before - on the beta :wink:) Anyway... you call flying the TWOtter a challenge for Lukla?

Well, yes, I guess it is. But for those madcap aviators out there, try setting up a glider launch. You have to "slew" your glider to the top of the runway to start, but the air-tow works miraculously. Oh - and the MS tow plane is as daft as the MS team... it doesn't turn, so don't forget to release the tow rope before you get pulled straight into the opposite mountain :lol:

And once you are flying over Lukla in your glider... spare a thought to your landing... you need enough roll left in your landing run to take you onto the flat(ter) bit

You Sir, are a sissy....

... if you need an air launch from a sloped runway like this. Just slew to sloped bit, un-slew and show you are a pilot.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looks really great !

But to get a real impression: have a look at Google Earth and see how the runway changed in the last 30 years from crushed rocks to smooth asphalt!

Otto

But to get a real impression: have a look at Google Earth and see how the runway changed in the last 30 years from crushed rocks to smooth asphalt!

I'm just surprised how you can see that at this resolution. You can't even see a house in Google Earth in this area.

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, here in detail :wink:

Start Google Earth, in the left panel under Layers (Ebenen in german) activate "Geography on the Web" (Geografie im Web in german) and you will get a lot of links to pictures. One is from January 1976!

Otto

Absolutely wonderful .. M. Kok you and the gang are to be congratulated.. worth every penny(euro) :D

I have to confess that the first few flights ended in tears.. and a few needed hand brake turns to get round the corner but.. when you get round it's worth it.. brilliant scenery ..

of course I havent got the caravan in there yet .. just the light GA stuff.. but it's worth it just to 'bimble' around..

BUT I'm getting addicted now.. :D:D:D

Has aerosoft a 'portfolio' of similar 'interestingly, challenging and pilot stressing airstrips... or has anyone made a list of them.. :?:

Problem solved. Thank you Koen!

=======================

Hello Matthijs,

just now I tried to order it using my old key, but the webshop claims the code is invalid. I bought it originally on 20 April 2006, the code is a 21-number code starting with 088. What could be wrong here? E-mail address and everything are the same as they were when I bought it.

Thanks!

Gert Wijbrans

Got my copy...

It's just as insane (if not worse) than it is in FS2004.... :lol:

I flew the EH-101 to VNSB - got a WARNING on my dash once I hit around 13k.....

Definitely looking forward to the "Twotter" in 2008..... 8)

Hello Matthijs,

just now I tried to order it using my old key, but the webshop claims the code is invalid. I bought it originally on 20 April 2006, the code is a 21-number code starting with 088. What could be wrong here? E-mail address and everything are the same as they were when I bought it.

Thanks!

Gert Wijbrans

Gert,

at first I had this problem too, but when I went out to look in my shop account I saw that a second s/n appeared at my lukla order (from april 2006). It looks like this:

x Lukla - Mount Everest

- Version : Direct Download

- Serial : 088-******************

- Serial : 67****************/np

Use this serial number only for the new download file (notice download links).

when I use the second serial (starting with 67) to purchase the X version, the serial confirmation is OK!

BUT I'm getting addicted now.. :D:D:D

That tells me the FSX version was worth every week I was working on it! :)

Try to take off AND touchdown with the F/A-18 in AccPack - you will have some serious fun!!! :)

Btw: Who will find the team dev who is jumping around on one of the summits with the Simflight Award in his hands? (got this one for the FS9 version of Lukla).

Has aerosoft a 'portfolio' of similar 'interestingly, challenging and pilot stressing airstrips... or has anyone made a list of them.. :?:

Well, the next one in line was HelgolandX, which is very challenging as well (although not as much as Lukla of course). But the story will be continued sooner or later...

But first I have to go back to some more serious work on the "VFR Germany" and "German Airfields" series.

Bests,

Sascha

without being a jerk...

:)

From Wikipedia:

Although admittedly high by most standards, Lukla Airport's 9,380 ft (2,860 m) altitude is significantly below the world's highest. El Alto International Airport in Bolivia is 13,325 ft (4,061 m) high, and Chamdo Bangda Airport in Tibet is a "breathtaking" 14,219 ft (4,334 m) above sea level.

I've flown into Telluride, Colorado and it is not much lower (9078ft).

• Aerosoft
without being a jerk...

:)

From Wikipedia:

Although admittedly high by most standards, Lukla Airport's 9,380 ft (2,860 m) altitude is significantly below the world's highest. El Alto International Airport in Bolivia is 13,325 ft (4,061 m) high, and Chamdo Bangda Airport in Tibet is a "breathtaking" 14,219 ft (4,334 m) above sea level.

I've flown into Telluride, Colorado and it is not much lower (9078ft).

Yeah you really need to understand density altitude when landing at those airports. If a Cessna 182 could go there the ground landing speed would be higher then the max IAS, lol. But still all those airports are easy to land on compared to Lukla.

• Aerosoft

That tells me the FSX version was worth every week I was working on it! :)

Try to take off AND touchdown with the F/A-18 in AccPack - you will have some serious fun!!! :)

Btw: Who will find the team dev who is jumping around on one of the summits with the Simflight Award in his hands? (got this one for the FS9 version of Lukla).

Well, the next one in line was HelgolandX, which is very challenging as well (although not as much as Lukla of course). But the story will be continued sooner or later...

But first I have to go back to some more serious work on the "VFR Germany" and "German Airfields" series.

Bests,

Sascha

I done HelgolandX in real weather yesterday afternoon. VERY challenging, I did abort the landing two times as I could not see the runway in time.

I couldnt resist it.. I shook the piggy bank and I got helgoland too.. :lol:

this is what scenery was meant to look like.. Is there a resturant on the island? I'm staying for lunch.. real weather later.. I got to learn to fly first... :wink: brilliant.. regards wehyam

...and you might like to try the "Island Hopping" scenery too - not stressful airports, but great fun to fly to, from and around... and the "Rescue Mission" in Helgoland will make you sweat though.