PFPX Cruise level incorrect

Hello!

I've been using PFPX now for a long time and it really does an outstanding job. However I have a problem regarding the automatic FL selection.

For example: LOWW-LSGG -> best route is SOVIL DCT SITNI DCT BAGSI DCT MATIG DCT TRAUN L856 AKABI UZ613 TRA Z69 OLBEN UN869 BENOT ; PFPX finds it automatically. Perfect! It gives me a cruising level of FL360.

However there is a route restriction LSED1100. It says "RAVED L856 NEGRA Not available for traffic ARR LSGG/GS above FL345". The route restriction is active in PFPX, but PFPX just ignores it.

Anybody knows how to fix this behavior?

Best regards,

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

What AIRAC provider and cycle is in use ?

There is an issue with Navigraph AIRAC or PFPX applying the eastbound limit of FL120 from KPT to TRAUN resulting in a spurious result here.

Using the find route with NG airac 1913 and the RAD Restrictions and Directs results in:

(FPL-DAERA-IN
-B738/M-SDE1FGHIJ1RWXYZ/LB1
-LOWW1150
-N0439F380 OSPEN DCT ABRUK DCT SETAL DCT ERKIR L608 KPT L856
 RAVED/N0427F340 L856 TRA/N0409F330 Z69 OLBEN UN869 BENOT
-LSGG0121 LFXA
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/191213 REG/DAERA
 EET/EDUU0036 LSAC0051 LSAS0108 LFMM0116
 LSAS0120 RVR/75 OPR// /
 PER/C
-E/0217)

Whilst the FL340 restriction appears at RAVED it would be necessary to move it forward to pass validation.

Hi Stephen! 

Thanks for your quick answer.

I'm using the NavDataPro AIRACs. With that provider the eastbound limit between KPT and TRAUN is correct. And I forgot to mention: I'm also using the RAD Restrictions and Directs. That's really strange, because normally PFPX takes the restrictions into account..

I think I just found the culprit:
SOVIL DCT SITNI DCT BAGSI DCT MATIG DCT TRAUN L856 AKABI UZ613 TRA Z69 OLBEN UN869 BENOT -> PFPX ignores the restriction, however it's the automatic route found by PFPX

If I manually change it to:

SOVIL DCT SITNI DCT BAGSI DCT MATIG DCT TRAUN L856 RAVED/N0453F340 L856 TRA/N0440F330 Z69 OLBEN UN869 BENOT -> PFPX gets it correct

That is really strange, because the route restriction is RAVED L856 NEGRA MAX FL345. This portion of the route is before AKABI, so PFPX should always take this restriction into account. 

To answer your question: I get the same results irrelevant if I'm using MAX or OPT FL.

Archived