Rotterdam X for P3Dv4.5 unofficial fix

Er!k

I am used a share everything I fix and discover with the community, but after my last post in a topic, the topic was closed without any decent comment about my post. Seriously thinking about keeping it to myself in the future...

But for all the people who like Rotterdam X and can't use it in P3Dv4 because the runway lights do not work I will publish the fix here for one more time:

Since Rotterdam professional was cancelled, I installed the 'old' Rotterdam X version in P3Dv4. Everything OK except for the runway lighting and PAPI. I converted the AFCAD file to P3Dv4 and manually added the runway lights. Now the airport is completely usable! 

To install:

- Go to the Rotterdam scenery folder (Aerosoft\Dutch Airports - Rotterdam\Scenery)

- Rename the file AF2_EHRD.bgl to AF2_EHRD.off

- Unzip the attachment and place the file in the same folder

Now you have night lights at Rotterdam!

EHRD_ADEP4_EdM.zip

• 1 month later...

Hi. Thanks for the fix for P3D v4. However I had a problem when trying to land at EHRD a few days ago. I was trying to land on the ILS for rwy 24. The documentation that comes with the scenery explains that the ILS frequencies for both runways have been changed to 111.9 to avoid a conflict with the nearby Valkenburg air base. I was flying Flight1's King Air, I have a subscription to Navigraph with the latest AIRAC, and I also have a subscription to fsAerodata which was also up to date. The King Air's navaid database is updated with every AIRAC. My plane would not recognise 111.9. I tried the real life 110.9, but that didn't work either. I was forced to try to land manually in foggy conditions with a clouds OVC at 200 ft!! 

According to Navigraph's charts the correct frequencies are 110.9 for 24 (identifier RSV) and 109.1 for 06 (identifier ROS). These are also the frequencies showing for EHRD on the King Air's G1000. However if you open the P3D map window you will find that the frequency for 06 is as per the charts, but the frequency for 24 is 108.3 (identifier RD). The G1000 finds this frequency immediately. 

I really don't understand what's going on here. The published frequencies for the scenery don't work, and neither does the real life frequency for 24. Where does the frequency 108.3 come from? Did you make any changes to the frequencies with your fix?

Cheers.

Adrian

• 1 month later...

Just saw the post.

I own TrueEarth NL and it contained some EHRD files.

I had double taxi-signs on the scenery.

Removing the file from TE NL solved the problem.

All files starting with EHRD...

On 1/25/2020 at 12:59 PM, westbros said:

Hi. Thanks for the fix for P3D v4. However I had a problem when trying to land at EHRD a few days ago. I was trying to land on the ILS for rwy 24. The documentation that comes with the scenery explains that the ILS frequencies for both runways have been changed to 111.9 to avoid a conflict with the nearby Valkenburg air base. I was flying Flight1's King Air, I have a subscription to Navigraph with the latest AIRAC, and I also have a subscription to fsAerodata which was also up to date. The King Air's navaid database is updated with every AIRAC. My plane would not recognise 111.9. I tried the real life 110.9, but that didn't work either. I was forced to try to land manually in foggy conditions with a clouds OVC at 200 ft!! 

According to Navigraph's charts the correct frequencies are 110.9 for 24 (identifier RSV) and 109.1 for 06 (identifier ROS). These are also the frequencies showing for EHRD on the King Air's G1000. However if you open the P3D map window you will find that the frequency for 06 is as per the charts, but the frequency for 24 is 108.3 (identifier RD). The G1000 finds this frequency immediately. 

I really don't understand what's going on here. The published frequencies for the scenery don't work, and neither does the real life frequency for 24. Where does the frequency 108.3 come from? Did you make any changes to the frequencies with your fix?

Cheers.

Adrian

Please can anybody help me with my query of several weeks ago?

Many thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 11:16 PM, Er!k said:

Since Rotterdam professional was cancelled, I installed the 'old' Rotterdam X version in P3Dv4. Everything OK except for the runway lighting and PAPI. I converted the AFCAD file to P3Dv4 and manually added the runway lights. Now the airport is completely usable! 

Er!K,

Thank you for contributing the scenery fix. Can you explain how you installed Rotterdam X in P3Dv4? Using the Aerosoft installer, I selected P3DV3.x as the simulator, which generates a message indicating that P3DV3.x can't be found. So I entered

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem

as the Destination Folder which is where other AS scenery is installed. I then received the error message "Couldn't find Microsoft Flight Simulator".

What steps did you use to install Rotterdam X?

Thank you

Archived