Fuel Prediction Issue.

chinjh

Am on version: 1.0.0.2.

Did a 3hour flight loaded everything on A3XX fuelplanner with 45minutes worth of holding, 15minutes of contigency fuel and 300nm miles fuel for diversion and top of that  loaded an additional 3 tonnes worth of fuel as buffer on the mcdu correctly and still i am getting DEST EFOB -0.1  on cruising. Is this being look at currently?

Please login to display this image.

I did a flight from Singapore to Perth yesterday and used the fuel planner and I should have had 7,000kg in reserve on landing according to it, but I only landed with 1,200kg :)

Unlike the A320/321 Professional fuel planning, which is very accurate, the A330 fuel planning needs some creative accounting.  As a temporary fix, I'm using SIMBRIEF fuel calculation and then just adjusting the A330 fuel planner reserve figure until the total fuel in the SIMBRIEF matches the total figure in the fuel planner.  This is a lot more reliable at this stage.

• Deputy Sheriffs

SimBrief is a good Alternative.

The Problem with the fuelplaner is, that a small deviation will have big influence on long haul.

The predictions in MCDU should be ok, at least during preflight you can check EFOB at arrival airport. That value should be pretty good, if you entered the wind data in preflight. So you can check if you will make it and add more or reduce fuel as suggested by fuelplaner.

The predictions during flight are off, and is being looked at. But at the end of a flight the EFOB should be close to the value of preflight.

5 hours ago, masterhawk said:

SimBrief is a good Alternative.

The Problem with the fuelplaner is, that a small deviation will have big influence on long haul.

The predictions in MCDU should be ok, at least during preflight you can check EFOB at arrival airport. That value should be pretty good, if you entered the wind data in preflight. So you can check if you will make it and add more or reduce fuel as suggested by fuelplaner.

The predictions during flight are off, and is being looked at. But at the end of a flight the EFOB should be close to the value of preflight.

Touchdown with 8.2 tonnes of fuel left which is pretty ok. Just seems the EFOB cant predict fuel estimations accurately.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, chinjh said:

Touchdown with 8.2 tonnes of fuel left which is pretty ok. Just seems the EFOB cant predict fuel estimations accurately.

What was the EFOB during preflight?

Just wanted to +1 this issue: I took my maiden flight in the A330 yesterday, DLH469 from KAUS to EDDF.  I have version 1.0.0.2 installed.  (Will update to 1.0.0.3 later today.)

Overall, the flight was very nice experience.  However, I did notice the same issue as reported above: for a good portion of the flight, the EFOB prediction in the MCDU was stuck at -0.5 for me.  It slowly corrected itself as I got closer to EDDF, but still, this behavior seems very off.  I landed at EDDF with just a bit under 10t of fuel.

• 3 weeks later...

Just providing an update to this issue.  I'm using 1.0.0.5, all is well.

EFOB IAW Fuel Prediction Page during Cockpit Preparation pre engine start was approx. 10,000kg.

Halfway during a flight from VTBS to YPPH I checked this and the Fuel Prediction Page stated EFOB 600kg.

I did my own current calculations as follows:

FOB 25,060kg

FF 5,400kg/Hour

FL390

GS 480kts

DTG 1,478nm

EET 3.08 hours

Actual EFOB 8,428kgs (overhead YPPH maintaining current FF and GS)

A difference between the Fuel Prediction Page EFOB and actual EFOB of  7,828kgs, and this is after approx. 3 hours of flight.

Regards

Archived