Strange behavior of my throttles

Hi,

Is it normal that my two throttles in the sim (P3D) start at the idle position? And not at the shout off position when i load the  airplane in cold &dark state. I use a PFC cirrus II and a 2 jet quadrant. I did follow the FSUICP guide to configure my throttles.

pierre

Hi,

I am using PFC hardware, so I have to use FSUIPC to calibrate my quadrant throttle. I have follow the FSUIPC guide that you have posted on this forum. I find it hard to follow, I do not understand why you are configuring 4 Throttles instead of two. Also the pictures of the Calibration screen are confusing, it is hard to follow which axis you are configuring.

I am assuming that in the  EFB I have to use the "without reverser option". 

When I load the airplane in cold & dark, at the end both Throttles jumps from shut off to idle position and then I cannot bring the arm in the sim back to shut off (even if I try with the mouse). 

If I do not load FSUIPC then the throttles stay in the shut off position. so it seem that the plane is not reading the FSUIPC correctly.

If I load the 32 bit version instead then everything works fine. 

Any help would be appreciated

Pierre

• Developer

I'm using PFC trottle quadrant too. Just make sure you use direct mode and no calibration. In the FSUIPC.ini it should read like this:

5=2R,256,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-
6=2V,256,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
The "5=2R" and "6=2V" will be different as these are the hardware/axis identifiers.

Hi metzgergva,

Thank you for this reply, I do have some questions to ask you:

1. When I load the aircraft in the Cold & Dark or Turnaround or  Ready for Startup (all state that do not have the motor running) the aircraft load with his throttles in idle mode instead of Shut off, do you also see this behavior.

2. Are you using the PCF 2 jet Quadrant? and is it enable and assigned in PFCcom64.

I also have a T .16000m  Joystick  , that I use for the Airbus series, I have the aileron, elevator and steering axis define, but not the Throttle. Yesterday I  did some test by disabling FSUIPC (not load with the sim) and I configured the Throttles axis of my 

T .16000m  Joystick. 

With that configuration,  If I load the aircraft in the Cold & Dark or Turnaround or  Ready for Startup (all state that do not have the motor running) the aircraft load with his throttles in shut off mode. But neither my slider on the T .16000m Joystick or the mouse can move the throttles in the sim. Is this normal? 

and also , my Joystick slider only works if I load the Ready for taxi state which as the motor running. and when it load the throttles are in the idle position. I also cannot move the throttles back to Shut Off position with my mouse, I can move them forward but not backwards. I guest this is normal.

So I guess that in the Aircraft Checklist or Procedure  from Cold & Dark to ready to taxi, there is something (a switch or combination ) that move the throttles from Shut Off to Idle? This is not done by moving the Throttles arm up or down.

Thanks 

Pierre

• Developer

Salut Pierre,

In my case the throttles are in Shut Off position. 

I can change the aircraft state in EFB and the positions are correct for each state.

I have the the same PFC 2 Jet quadrant.

I have made a separate profile in FSUIPC for The CRJ so that other functions are also assigned properly like the GA button to obtain TO TO prior taking off.

If you have an overlap of multiple controllers on the same axis, i. e. Throttle, they will influence eachother.

Be aware that in the EFB you need to set under option and page 2 the correct selection of Throttle Axis Value Range, depending what setup you have chosen in FSUIPC.

Whenever you want to switch from Idle to Shot off and back to Idle you need to press the red lever and then move the throttle with a click.

On 12/13/2019 at 4:56 PM, metzgergva said:

I'm using PFC trottle quadrant too. Just make sure you use direct mode and no calibration. In the FSUIPC.ini it should read like this:

5=2R,256,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-
6=2V,256,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
The "5=2R" and "6=2V" will be different as these are the hardware/axis identifiers.

Do run the Aerosoft Airbus in this configuration? Direct and no calibration?

Hi metzgergva,

Thank you for the reply,

I do not understand why I cannot get mine to work, I also use Profile to setup my different aircraft, and I do have the Airbus series configure direct mode and no calibration and they work fine. Could you show me what you have in our profile? maybe I am missing something.

Pierre 

[Profile]
Created=16/12/2019 10:33:56
[Axes]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=0X,256,D,1,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
1=0Y,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
2=0R,256,D,36,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: SteeringTiller }-
3=17X,512,D,22,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Spoilers }-
4=17V,512,D,25,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Reverser }-
5=17Z,512,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
6=17R,512,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-
[JoystickCalibration]
AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes
ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes
ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes
ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes
SepRevsJetsOnly=No
ApplyHeloTrim=No
UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No
FlapsSetControl=0
FlapDetents=No
ReverserControl=66292
Reverser1Control=66422
Reverser2Control=66425
Reverser3Control=66428
Reverser4Control=66431
MaxThrottleForReverser=256
AileronTrimControl=66731
RudderTrimControl=66732
CowlFlaps1Control=66162
CowlFlaps2Control=66163
CowlFlaps3Control=66164
CowlFlaps4Control=66165
SteeringTillerControl=0
MaxSteerSpeed=60
RudderBlendLowest=1
Aileron=-16312,0,0,16325
Elevator=-16384,0,0,16253
Spoilers=-16380,16380/16
[Buttons]
0=R20,11,K46,8     -{Key press: Del}-

Also when you said:

Be aware that in the EFB you need to set under option and page 2 the correct selection of Throttle Axis Value Range, depending what setup you have chosen in FSUIPC. what do you mean?

In FSUIPC a just assign the axis for the Throttles, Is there a way to choice between with reverser range and without reverser range?

Pierre

• Developer

FSUIPC offeres different ways: Direct - with calibration - with calibration and with reverser range.

I'm using direct for the CRJ and have the reverser on a seperate lever.

From your profile I see you are using DIRECT, so it should work. if you use in the EFB the equivalent setting.

hi,

Hi Me again,

I just conduct another test, I did a fresh installed of FSUIPC and PFCcom64 so I only had the CRJ plane configured. with both: 

5=17Z,512,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
 6=17R,512,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-

or 

0=17Z,512,F,66420,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET }-
1=17R,512,F,66423,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_THROTTLE2_SET }-

The Throttles works but they do not come back to the Idle position, 

Please login to display this image.

But now If I load the aircraft in the Cold & Dark or Turnaround or  Ready for Startup (all state that do not have the motor running) the aircraft load with his throttles in shut off mode, like it's suppose to do.. 

I am using the "FSUIPC with reverser Range" in the EFB , that's how the Throttles are defined in FSUIPC, no calibration.

So if I could get the THRs arm to go down to the Idle position  and find out why the quadrant works when I only have the CRJ define in FSUIPC5.ini and not when I have other plane configured.

Pierre

• Developer

I do not use the option with reversers, so I cannot comment on that. I think an issue my come from that the PFC throttles are not using the whole range of what FS expects. On the other hand you cannot resolve this as the CRJ does not allow dalibration.

My solution is that I use a separate axis for the reverser wich just sends a couple of F2 commands when pulled backward simulating a reverser lever movement.

I have experienced in the past the same issues that sometimes the FSUIPC gets erratic and only deleting the ini helps. But I have copied in the other profiles from a backup and just assured that the axis names and devices are still the same.

Hi metzgergva,

I was finally able to solve my problem, I deleted the INI and it seems to help. I then replicated the setting I was using with the Airbus to solve my range issue. 

So now I am glad that everything is working find for the throttles.

Thank you for your support

Pierre

Archived