frustrated consumer

tizo

I want to start this topic by saying I really like Aerosoft.  I have bought many of there products over the years and I have enjoyed them.  This rant isn't intended to bash them as a developer.  For the most part I really like the A330.  I have really been looking forward to this product for some time.  I do think that this aircraft however illustrated some issues in our community that is having an effect on how products are being made.  In a lot of ways I feel bad for the product developers.  They are trying to make us these products, which take a lot of time and hard work.  The profit margins are also probably pretty small.  They try to develop new things that they think we want in hopes that we buy there product.  For some reason the shiny new toy in P3D is PBR.  It makes materials show more accurate reflection.  I get it, It makes things look better.  I definitely like things to look as real as possible.  But not at the expense of function and performance.  Let me explain.  I just attempted a flight from Miami to Moscow.  This was about a 10 hour flight.  I used the Aerosoft fuel planner and specifically selected the A330.  I did the advanced planner and gave myself about 90 minutes of extra fuel in addition to my alternate airport.  I compared that with what Simbrief suggested.  Simbrief fuel planner was giving me way higher fuel amounts.  Like 20 thousand tons higher.  I thought, well Aerosoft must have the most accurate numbers since they developed this aircraft.  I went with the Aerosoft numbers and ended up running out of fuel 9.5 hours into the flight.  This is with 50 knot tail winds pretty much the whole way there.  I was disappointed  that a free flight planning website has a better fuel planner than the actual aircraft developer.  This kind of stuff should not be happening after a long development cycle.  I am also frustrated that I am being forced to use HRD lighting.  I have never liked the way it looks, and it requires even more resources, but the only way to implement full PBR is to use it.   Again this is not a knock on Aerosoft.  They are trying to give the consumer what they want.  I personally don't care if a reflective surface shines accurately at the cost of a smooth simulation that functions properly.  It's like reading the forums over the years regarding wing flex.  I am not pretending to be a virtual passenger.  I am a pilot.  I sit in the cockpit.  I want a realistic flight deck with an aircraft that functions properly.  Wing flex is way down the list, but the developers were treated terribly if wing flex wasn't put into there sim.  I worry that the new Microsoft flight simulator will experience more of this.  We will get features that are cool looking but it will be at the expense of the actual important features.  I feel like the developers are stuck between a rock and a hard place.  Thanks for letting me rant.

It's still in the early stages, only at 1.0.0.2 at the time of this message, give it time and I'm sure they'll iron out these issues, also I salute you for being able to stand 10 hours flights, longest I've done it 4 hours.

By the way, have you seen in 1.0.0.2, there was an issue mentioned with the fuel planer (it got replaced with A320 files sometimes). So that could be your issue. And Mathijs Kok already told more than clear, that if you want a really really bufree version, you should wait a few weeks more, so they already know it's not 100 percent perfect yet and are still working on it realeasing things one by one. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Beat578 said:

And Mathijs Kok already told more than clear, that if you want a really really bufree version, you should wait a few weeks more, so they already know it's not 100 percent perfect yet and are still working on it realeasing things one by one. 

Exactly. That's what the prominently linked release notes on the product page are there for.

Please login to display this image.

Source: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/pre-order/2886/aerosoft-a330-professional?number=AS13592

Archived