GSX Fuel/Boarding causes invalid GWCG

SamuelHeine

I have discovered that when I use GSX to board and refuel, I get a litteraly red GWCG, and im not able to take-off or even lift up the nose a tiny bit. It helped to stop, set parking brake, and in the Load and Fuel tab, press "INSTANT"... just wanted to report :)

I experienced something similar last night (except without using GSX); instead of selecting "instant", I selected each line (fuel, pax, cargo, in that order) separately and let them run their course.  It all seemingly worked properly - the respective amounts were correct as were the weights (ZFW, MTOW, etc.), but the CG displayed on the lower ECAM was red.  There was also quite a discrepancy between the CGs reported by the Fuel Planner, MCDU3 Load and Fuel, and ECAM/FUEL PRED (see pictures below).  Similarly, the trim reported in the Fuel Planner and MCDU3 did not match (and interestingly, FS2Crew set the trim wheel to something else entirely).  Possibly as a result of all this (I did manually reset the trim wheel to what MCDU3 reported), the aircraft had to be "pried" a bit off the ground and I was already passing 200 kts before gear up and pretty much rocketed off into the climb.  I was flying light, near full pax load but only 14600 kg of fuel so I expected the rocketing part, just not quite so immediately into the flight.  Nothing that ruined the day, though.  I had entered the ZFW/CG (double click LSK1R; verified ZFW matched SimBrief) and block fuel on INIT B - was there something else I should have done?

If it's any help, the flight plan was CYUL/24R N0470F400 DCT BOBKI DCT MELTI DCT TORNI UDNOX5 CYYZ/15R

Some pictures:

Fuel Planner and MCDU Load and Fuel - CG and Trim discrepancy:

Please login to display this image.

Lower ECAM and FUEL PRED before takeoff: it appears (ECAM GWCG) = (MCDU GWCG)/100 (?)

Lower ECAM and FUEL PRED before descent:

This issue is something I have mentioned is obviously effecting takeoff trim settings too as the fuel planner is just not right the aircraft wont trim for takeoff with 300 pax. Also the max pax should be 440 on a A333 that way people can use whatever max their airline flies.

I'm in the process of starting another flight, with the same loading procedure, and the same thing happened.  The GWCG shown on the lower ECAM began at 21.3 and moved around a little during refueling but ended at 21.3% again.  It then gradually declined as the aircraft loaded pax and cargo.  Eventually it dropped down to 14.0% from where it went into the red hundredths starting at .14% and continuing to decline.

However, clicking "Load Instant" (LSK4R) seemed to fix it; the ECAM now displays a much more reasonable looking 29.5% (which still doesn't match the Fuel Planner's 30.8% TOW but at least it's in the ballpark).

We'll see if it holds into the flight!

I was able to complete my flight last night without any further GWCG anomalies.  It varied throughout the flight (going as high as 38% but never going red) but finished on the ground at 30.5%.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 12/14/2019 at 6:00 PM, matty260191 said:

i have edited the fuel planner xml to get 440 pax max.

Sorry, this will disrupt any cg calculation done by the Fuelplaner. 

• 1 month later...

Hello

I have the Issue with the red GWCG as well. I do my boarding as follows: 

1. Init Loadsheed

2. Load instant (GWCG is green !!)

3. Boarding with GSX (GWCG turns red)

It also happens when i do not load instant and directly board via gsx.

This is a very annoying issue. At VR, i can't properly lift the nose of the plane. About 10-15 above VR, it starts to rotate.

Any idea when this will be fixed because it seems like the issue has been around for a long time.

Thank you very much for your efforts on this Plane

Best regards

Felix

vor 12 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

We have already a fix for that. Will be avail with next update.

Awesome.. Thats good to hear. Thank you.

Any estimates on when that will be released ?

Best regards

3 hours ago, armada_961 said:

Hello

I have the Issue with the red GWCG as well. I do my boarding as follows: 

1. Init Loadsheed

2. Load instant (GWCG is green !!)

3. Boarding with GSX (GWCG turns red)

It also happens when i do not load instant and directly board via gsx.

This is a very annoying issue. At VR, i can't properly lift the nose of the plane. About 10-15 above VR, it starts to rotate.

Any idea when this will be fixed because it seems like the issue has been around for a long time.

Thank you very much for your efforts on this Plane

Best regards

Felix

Same here

• 2 months later...

Hi has this been fixed as I'm getting this whilst using the A320 professional?  I've got both A320/321 and A330 professional installed.  No issues with the A330 never used the A321 model.  This only happens with the A320.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Obviously something is wrong with your setup: all values excl. tripfuel are zero. This cant be. Which exact version of the Airbus do you have installed?

On 4/26/2020 at 10:11 PM, mopperle said:

Obviously something is wrong with your setup: all values excl. tripfuel are zero. This cant be. Which exact version of the Airbus do you have installed?

Latest.  A330 works fine A320 doesn't.

Archived