cold and dark cockpit sound

pluto7777

In my Airbus A319 cockpit:  when i put off all systems and i put off all power, then a hissing sound keeps on continuing trough my speakers...

What is that sound ?  when entering the cold and dark state, it should become very quiet in the cockpit, no ? Relatively loud hissing sound keeps on going, even after 20 minutes, still there...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have a video perhaps where this could be heard? I wonder if it's something in the environment that's not related to the A319 itself but comes from the scenery or something.

Thx for reaction, i will make one.  According to me it is one of the background cockpit sounds (air-ventilation - cooling fans - motor driven units - etc..) that does not stop after cutting off all power. When starting in opposite direction (from cold en dark)  there is indeed no sound (as it should be...)

Not such a problem, but i have a rather powerfull sound system from Bose on my sim, and then the remaining hissing sound is a bit annoying.

(Just for info: when doing the same handlings at same spot with my FSL bus;  all sound do stop and total silence comes in...)

Archived