A330 running out of Memory in P3Dv4

VP-BLX

• Deputy Sheriffs

What are your computer specs?

And what is the exact P3Dv4 version you are using? (the long version as being displayed in "Help | About...")

• Deputy Sheriffs

3,7 GB out of 16GB RAM usage of your P3D process surely isn't too much. But only if focusing on this process only, and ignoring the rest of what is happening on you machine.

I don't know what else consumed memory (RAM) in that moment on your machine. Under normal circumstances even if reaching the limit of the RAM, Windows is capable of helping itself out with trying to outsource some stuff on your disk (swap file). If you hard drive is full (and your C partition actually is when trying to get several GBs for the swap file) than this fails and Windows can't provide additional memory for the running applications.

So my guess is, that exactly that happened on your machine. You literally ran out of RAM and your hard drive couldn't provide any help as well.

Simple solution: make sure to always have at least the amount of your RAM free on your system drive (C:) (my personal tip: make it double!), or configure Windows to place the swap file on another partition where you have always at least 16 GB free (my personal tip: make it double).

So, this is not an A330 problem, but a problem of your system.

1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

3,7 GB out of 16GB RAM usage of your P3D process surely isn't too much. But only if focusing on this process only, and ignoring the rest of what is happening on you machine.

I don't know what else consumed memory (RAM) in that moment on your machine. Under normal circumstances even if reaching the limit of the RAM, Windows is capable of helping itself out with trying to outsource some stuff on your disk (swap file). If you hard drive is full (and your C partition actually is when trying to get several GBs for the swap file) than this fails and Windows can't provide additional memory for the running applications.

So my guess is, that exactly that happened on your machine. You literally ran out of RAM and your hard drive couldn't provide any help as well.

Simple solution: make sure to always have at least the amount of your RAM free on your system drive (C:) (my personal tip: make it double!), or configure Windows to place the swap file on another partition where you have always at least 16 GB free (my personal tip: make it double).

So, this is not an A330 problem, but a problem of your system.

How do you configure Windows to place the swap file on another drive?

Thanks,

Samoilov

Archived