My cockpit won't light up

GaryMcCl

This is regarding this previous topic, but it wouldn't repeat itself until now! (A319 / A320)

Usually it works when the IR IN ALIGN MN goes down to 0, then the cockpit screens come one , then that message leaves the central  screen with the countdown on it.  However, on my system - more and more with that aircraft, the screens stay red.  I have added the screenshots for you here.  Basically, despite going through the first checklist, I never get an EFIS lighting up - it stays red.

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, GaryMcCl said:

Usually it works when the IR IN ALIGN MN goes down to 0, then the EFIS screens come up (not red) , then that message WITH THE COUNTDOWN ON IT goes.  However, on my system - more and more with that aircraft, the screens stay red.  I have added the screenshots for you here.  Basically, despite going through the first checklist, I never get an EFIS lighting up - it stays red.

In the quote of my thread starter, I've changed some text, so it makes sense! 

3 hours ago, Secondator said:

It's a little bit hard to see the IRS switches on your overhead screenshot. Could you confirm their position is set to NAV.

thanks for this. as soon as this repeats I'll get back to you.  when you say "overhead screenshot", do you mean switches on the top or between you and the co-pilot?

gary

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, GaryMcCl said:

thanks for this. as soon as this repeats I'll get back to you.  when you say "overhead screenshot", do you mean switches on the top or between you and the co-pilot?

gary

He is referring to your third screenshot of the OVHD Panel. Can you provide one, where we can see the IRS switches, when this issue happens again?

is this where they have a ADIRS switch, followed by IR1, IR3 and IR2 (either switches or buttons or lights) and the NAV buttons? I always turn first in the checklist go here and make sure the three  NAV buttons are set to NAV.

From now on though, I'll keep an eye on it. Today, it's worked all day, so if those switches are the problem, then  this is the first place I'll look.

Thanks for your help

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, GaryMcCl said:

is this where they have a ADIRS switch, followed by IR1, IR3 and IR2 (either switches or buttons or lights) and the NAV buttons? I always turn first in the checklist go here and make sure the three  NAV buttons are set to NAV.

From now on though, I'll keep an eye on it. Today, it's worked all day, so if those switches are the problem, then  this is the first place I'll look.

Thanks for your help

Gaz

All three switches have to be set to NAV, else the IRS won't align.

10 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

All three switches have to be set to NAV, else the IRS won't align

I would say I always align them, but maybe I've forgotten on those occasions. 

Thanks for getting back to me

Gaz

Archived