HDR recommended settings

Splynn

Does anyone have a HDR setting to share?

No matter what I try, either the EFB looks like staring into the sun, or the outside view is just a sea of white. Both are annoying to look at. I'm currently using 1.0 brightness/0.8 bloom/1.0 saturation.

Please login to display this image.

4 minutes ago, Splynn said:

Does anyone have a HDR setting to share?

No matter what I try, either the EFB looks like staring into the sun, or the outside view is just a sea of white. Both are annoying to look at. I'm currently using 1.0 brightness/0.8 bloom/1.0 saturation.

I've got mine on night mode,  but its still too bright.   I think they are working on this area.   I have my brightness in options turned down to about .9 > .95

• Deputy Sheriffs
27 minutes ago, Splynn said:

First you should turn down Bloom to nearly zero. Second, which shader tweak are you using?

4 minutes ago, mopperle said:

First you should turn down Bloom to nearly zero. Second, which shader tweak are you using?

I have changed to 0.85/0.08/0.60 and the cockpit looks a little dark, but somewhat acceptable. The view outside isn't completely washed out at least. The EFB and any printed paper are still too bright though.

I'm not using any 3rd party shaders. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

IF even the outside is so bright, then something else is wrong. Thsi is without tweaks of whatever kind: HDR on, Brithness 0.85, Bloom 0, Saturation 1

Maybe you should also check your monitor settings and grapiccard driver settings (e.g. when using Nvidia Inspector).

Nope, clearing shaders did not work. 

However, I found a setting that I'm happy with. Only the EFB is overly bright now. If there is a way to disable the EFB that would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 2:53 PM, Splynn said:

Nope, clearing shaders did not work. 

However, I found a setting that I'm happy with. Only the EFB is overly bright now. If there is a way to disable the EFB that would be nice.

+1. Should be a user option to enable/disable. 

• Aerosoft

As said we do plan to make the EFB 'switchoffable'. 

And I do not believe we work on outdated technology, in fact exactly the opposite.  We are deep in the process of preparing for Flight Simulator 2020 where we believe web technology will be more or less standard for many parts.  It is sort of the only way it would ever work on consoles.

Understood. My point was not the technology per se but the difference between two device formats that could replay video. 

In order to run the A330 (Betamax) it seems that the user needs to make changes to settings which work happily with other major (VHS) addons.

So, I fly the A330 but first I need to adjust my bloom down to zero, then I need to check all my axis assignments and make sure my active weather is not too active.  Now I jump into my Dash 8 or NGXu and put my P3D and ASN back to the previous settings which have no adverse effects. If anything you might expect the Dash 8 to have issues given that it is modelled out with the normal,constraints of P3D but no, it works.  

Anticipation and expectations followed by reality and frustration which I sincerely hope does not turn into an aircraft which will i might end up putting into long term storage 🤔  

Archived