A330 tail split

Hey all,

In the A330 paintkit, I see the tailfin is split and a part has to be moved a bit up. I believe this is due to the rudder and I fully understand this concept, however, this makes it hard to add new livery (for example, I cannot add the SAS logo on the tail). Do you guys know any good solution to get this perfectly aligned? Thanks! 

Please login to display this image.

Hi Dave,

I'm doing some work myself and found a easy way to do this. I can't describe how to use it cuz English is not my mother language and I don't know how to say it, but I think you can quickly find out.

"TAIL 1" and "TAIL 2" they have the same size and you can simply just copy, paste and move to adjust the position.

If you have any problem you can leave me a email and I can send u a short video about how to use it.

AS_A333_EXT_TAILFIN_A.psd

3 hours ago, Kotori_Texture said:

Hi Dave,

I'm doing some work myself and found a easy way to do this. I can't describe how to use it cuz English is not my mother language and I don't know how to say it, but I think you can quickly find out.

"TAIL 1" and "TAIL 2" they have the same size and you can simply just copy, paste and move to adjust the position.

If you have any problem you can leave me a email and I can send u a short video about how to use it.

AS_A333_EXT_TAILFIN_A.psd 28.4 MB · 2 downloads

Hi, sorry, didn't quite understand the concept, please can you explain via video and send it to dsolesvik@icloud.com? Much appreciated, thanks!

58 minutes ago, Dave Solesvik said:

Hi, sorry, didn't quite understand the concept, please can you explain via video and send it to dsolesvik@icloud.com? Much appreciated, thanks!

Email sent. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

Hi all,

This video by Kotori_Texture should help you guys out a lot, it sure helped me. You will see that the blue and white part is the whole tail but what you wanna do is first of all paste the tail logo and then split it in two normally where the blue part is the border and then paste the right (blue side) into another layer. Then, with the help of the UV, provided in the paintkit by Aerosoft, you need to slightly move the right side more to the right, there should be a line. 

This seems like a really really bad explanation from me and from what I understand (not so much of a PS pro) and I guess there isn't much of a way to explain this all. Attached is the video by Kotori_Texture, hopefully you guys can somehow figure it out (I did, so thanks a lot to Kotori!)

Regards,

Dave

Please login to view this video.

Another solution would be to use trial and error and move it every time then preview it with the Dynamic Reflection Maker by TomatoShade.  That works decently fine by me and although it takes a small amount of time to export it every time, I got used to it now. 

Archived