No lights on exterior model

theo__h

Hi,

I have an issue with lights on the A333. Even if the switches are on the ON pos, I can't see any lights from my exterior model. (see photos)

Haven't found any key on the doc (maybe I missed something, if yes sorry).

Thanks in advance for your help !

Theo

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have any battery power to the aircraft? Could also be that your light effect files have been replaced by some other software which alters the sims default files for whatever reason..

1 minute ago, Secondator said:

Do you have any battery power to the aircraft? Could also be that your light effect files have been replaced by some other software which alters the sims default files for whatever reason..

It happens when I'm on APU, GPU or ENGINES.

Maybe a software but wich one ? I don't have any soft that changes lights...

8 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Theo, when you look from different angles to the lights, do you see them?

Yes nothing from all angles.

I have the light reflection on the fuselage and on the ground but it seems that light source isn't shown

13 minutes ago, Secondator said:

You could try to uninsatll the Redistributable C++ 2015 and then run the installer so that it installs the one in the installer.

Isn't fine having a newer version of what the installer proposes ?

• Deputy Sheriffs
28 minutes ago, theo__h said:

Maybe a software but wich one ? I don't have any soft that changes lights...

There are several tweaking tools (e.g. for shaders) that change default sim files, causing such issues.

Which exact version of P3Dv4 are you using. Please post the version number of the prepar3d.exe.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, so finally there is at least one tool that could be the problem. For good reason I do not trust anything that comes from FSL. For sure it changes default files and maybe it even want make a backup of the original ones. Uninstall it and maybe you need to do a reinstall of P3D to get rid of this sh...

I can proof that lights work, with no tweaks of whatever kind:

It may be the issue but if I watch at streamers that fly both addons : their lights seems to appear normaly so I don't know if it is worth to reinstall my entire P3D :(

Archived