Pushback plane moving forward

Detail50

I get this everytime,  Idk if it can be replicated by others.

I get to the phase in the sequence where I request pushback

I select 1 and then set my distance for pushback,  ground comes on and runs through the narrative and asks for the parking brake to be released and start engines at will.

I release the parking brake, start engines and the plane pushes back and then stops,  at this point I DON'T get a engage parking brake callout and since the engines are running the plane then moves forward, seemingly with the ground equipment still attached.   I use manual braking to stop the plane.

I then get repeated callouts to set the parking brake, but can't get the brake to activate.

I have not tried to wait to start engines until the pushback is complete.   I will try that today.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please engage the parking brake as soon as the aircraft stops and see if that works. There might be a delay with the message and the A330 engines are very powerful so that they will move the aircraft forward on light weights even on idle thrust.

55 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Please engage the parking brake as soon as the aircraft stops and see if that works. There might be a delay with the message and the A330 engines are very powerful so that they will move the aircraft forward on light weights even on idle thrust.

I would suggest thinking about reducing thrust a bit at retarded position.  I think there should be a throttle position where the engines are at idle and the aircraft does not move.  Also at least in my opinion the taxi speed if too high even at that idle position.

I don't think I can engage the parking brake which is the problem I'm having.

Also I'm having trouble with the concept.   With ground equipment still attached a plane can move forward at idle?  It just seems like a safety issue that would not be allowed,  but I'm not a pilot. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Reducing the thrust in idle position would mean that the simulation would not be correct anymore. The real aircraft will start moving forward with idle thrust at lighter weights. So we are simply simulating here what the real aircraft does.

With ground equipment connected the pushback truck driver would hold the brakes until pilots confirm the parking brake is set.

What are you using to pushback the aircraft? Shift P? The pushback feature inside the A330? GSX?

25 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Reducing the thrust in idle position would mean that the simulation would not be correct anymore. The real aircraft will start moving forward with idle thrust at lighter weights. So we are simply simulating here what the real aircraft does.

With ground equipment connected the pushback truck driver would hold the brakes until pilots confirm the parking brake is set.

What are you using to pushback the aircraft? Shift P? The pushback feature inside the A330? GSX?

TY,   I am not using GSX at the moment for pushback but inside the plane option 1.

So if the Tow holds brakes in real life then why is the plane moving forward?  I'm still having difficulty understanding why the sim works this way.   Given what you just said there isn't a way that the aircraft would be able to move forward with ground equipment still attached, yet it does.

Archived