Missing A330 iconic fuel howl at reverse

e81247

Hi Aerosoft team,

I have noticed the iconic A330 fuel howl for the RR engines is missing at reverse stage. 

I have contacted TSS and I was told that they only sent sound files to Aerosoft so it's totally up to Aerosoft to change it. 

I have personally flown the A330 many time actually most of my flights and I always sit by the window close to the engine and wing. 

The fuel howl happens every time the engines are spooling up, so it should happen at reverse stage too. 

Please fix that. 

Albert

• Deputy Sheriffs

Albert, the sound thing has been dicussed already many many times. The questions is: do you want to hear what you hear as passenger or what you hear as a pilot sitting in th cockpit with (noise cancelling) headphones? There is a huge difference between those two situations. Pilots simply do not hear what passengers hear. If Aerosoft modells everything what you hear/see as passenger, many things would be totally unrealistic. But obviously this is hard to understand for many people. Aerosoft is trying to find a mix, which is somehow acceptable. But it got not the highest priority.

14 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Albert, the sound thing has been dicussed already many many times. The questions is: do you want to hear what you hear as passenger or what you hear as a pilot sitting in th cockpit with (noise cancelling) headphones? There is a huge difference between those two situations. Pilots simply do not hear what passengers hear. If Aerosoft modells everything what you hear/see as passenger, many things would be totally unrealistic. But obviously this is hard to understand for many people. Aerosoft is trying to find a mix, which is somehow acceptable. But it got not the highest priority.

hey mopperle

I think Aerosoft should at least upload the sound file and let the user to choose to use it or not

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, chan1008 said:

hey mopperle

I think Aerosoft should at least upload the sound file and let the user to choose to use it or not

Well it is not only a simple upload, cause you need code to trigger the sound. And Aerosoft will not deliver, for support reason, multiple files with diffferent code to fullfill every request. But as I said, Aerosoft is trying to find a mix hat will satisfy most people. ;)

3 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Well it is not only a simple upload, cause you need code to trigger the sound. And Aerosoft will not deliver, for support reason, multiple files with diffferent code to fullfill every request. But as I said, Aerosoft is trying to find a mix hat will satisfy most people. ;)

Good to hear that~ also how about the Airbus computerized V1 callout sound? any plan to add that as well?

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, chan1008 said:

Good to hear that~ also how about the Airbus computerized V1 callout sound? any plan to add that as well?

Not sure about this, AFAIK this is an "option" in the Airbus, which can be ordered. And Aerosoft modeled an A330 where they had detailed information, and if this bird doenst have certain optional equipment, it is not modelled.

I do not quit agree with the sound criticisms about wanting to hear sounds as a pilot or as a passenger, as discussed already a few times...

I had the chance already a few times to put on the Bose noise cancelling phones in a real A330 cockpit (with my cousin). This is NOT how we simmers should want it as there is almost no sound at all then !  That is what noise cancelling is all about !  If someone prefers the real sound that the PF or FO is hearing, well OK put sliders almost to zero and put some music instead,  because this is what the pilots get as cockpit sound

I think best is to simulate the real sound as it is in the cockpit, without headphones, and indeed, not at the passengers cabin where the engines and the " barking dogs" are much louder then in the cockpit.

On 12/12/2019 at 3:04 AM, e81247 said:

I have noticed the iconic A330 fuel howl for the RR engines is missing at reverse stage. 

I noticed the same thing when the engines are on reverse there is no difference from the sound aspect.

On 12/12/2019 at 3:22 AM, mopperle said:

Albert, the sound thing has been dicussed already many many times. The questions is: do you want to hear what you hear as passenger or what you hear as a pilot sitting in th cockpit with (noise cancelling) headphones? There is a huge difference between those two situations.

I just want hear it like EVERY other plane in P3D including the CRJ PRO.

As stated in my post; to take the choice ''what pilots hear with their noise cancelling headphones'' makes no sense as these pilots either hear nothing or they hear music from their iphone connected to the headphone (irl). We should simply choose for straight cockpit sound without phones. This is how the 330 cockpit sounds in real world: (notice the capt his Bose as he is NOT hearing this sound , he hears com only !)

• Aerosoft

So as we stated all along, the only REALLY realistic sound set if one where you do not hear the engines. After all, you are not simulating being a microphone in a cockpit but simulating a crew member. But in sounds customers are not really very interested in realism, we known that for many many years. That's why the pilot in the F-16 hears the massive roar of the engine (while in reality he just hears it well if it is on AB) and why the Huey makes a lot of whoop whoop noises like the do in Vietnam movies. 

So we do what customers expect. Not what a pilot experiences.

• Deputy Sheriffs

See that nice Bose headset the captain is wearing? It's noise cancelling and exactly what real aircrew (and jumpseaters) wear these days. The GoPro camera mike, or whatever the camera is and uses, captures a lot of noise no one in the cockpit ever hears thanks to those headsets, as noted by Otto and Mathijs. So the sound in the video is far from what pilots really hear. However, as Mathijs notes, while not completely flightcrew realistic, the sound set is a compromise between reality and what users expect. It was well debated during development and is the result of a lot of thought. Like any compromise, it won't make everyone happy, but it is the best balance for the majority of our users, which does include many working airline and professional aviation pilots who know what's real.

• Aerosoft

And even if you do not wear a NC headset the engines are very very hard to hear in an A330.  This is from the AOM....

Thrust Use

Thrust Use - Taxi Thrust use during ground operation demands sound judgment and technique. Even at relatively low thrust the air blast effects from the large, high bypass engines can be destructive and cause injury. Aircraft response to thrust lever movement is slow, particularly at high gross weights. Engine noise level in the flight deck is low and not indicative of thrust output. Excess thrust while taxiing may cause foreign objects to deflect into the lower aft fuselage, stabilizer, or elevators, especially when the engines are over an unimproved surface. Run-ups and taxi operations should only be conducted over well maintained paved surfaces and runways

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived