Key Assignments for R/Thrust and lights

Aaron1

Not sure why but I've had a couple of landings now where the reverse thrust just doesn't activate by pressing F2. A similar key command failure is also present when trying to turn on the landing lights using ctr L or the strobes using O. 

Many thanks

5 hours ago, Aaron1 said:

Not sure why but I've had a couple of landings now where the reverse thrust just doesn't activate by pressing F2. A similar key command failure is also present when trying to turn on the landing lights using ctr L or the strobes using O. 

Many thanks

Hello Aaron,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues.

I was one of hte guys who spent a lot of time testing reverse thrust and RTOs, etc for the A330 and it works correctly in our software - so that tells us it's somethn with the installation, P3D, or your system.

Here are a few things we can start with:

1. Which version of the A330 are you on?  The current version is 1.0.0.1 and tomorrow (thursday) we hope to release version 1.0.0.2.

2. If you are on version 1.0.0.1, did the reverse thrust work correctly for you with the release verison?  If so, did  you disable computer security and run the AS Updater as "Admin"?  Not doing this may have resulted in  the update not being fulling applied.

If you are having this problem with version 1.0.0.0 then....

3. Where did you install the A330 to?  If you originally installed the Airbus to the p3D folder, be sure there are no remaining folders/files for the A330 in that location.

4. When  you ran the installer, did you first disable your computer security and run the installer as Admin?

Hi Dave, 

Many thanks for your reply. 

I can confirm that the reverse thrust was working correctly in 1.0.0.0 and then hasn't since updating to 1.0.0.1 with two flights in each version so far. However the lights haven't worked using ctrl L or O in either version. I'll test with the smaller buses to confirm it's confined to the A330.

I ran the updater as admin and I always disable my security for any installation/update. 

I have it installed in my documents folder as I know installing it in the P3D route folder isn't advised so I'm a bit puzzled. 

I could try a complete reinstall when the new 1.0.0.2 releases and see if that solves it?

Best wishes

• Deputy Sheriffs
40 minutes ago, Aaron1 said:

I could try a complete reinstall when the new 1.0.0.2 releases and see if that solves it?

Please do and report back. Thanks

Archived