A330 Checklist

cdog

Couple issues I see compared to 319/320:

1. The checklists seem to take awhile to complete. Pretty long pauses between items/responses. Any way to make this quicker like the 319/320?

2. On pushback after the most recent GSX update, I had to set the parking break, then release the parking brake, and set again to get the "wait" to start the after start checklist. It was working correctly before the GSX update. (I hadn't done one for awhile because they make me nervous about something breaking)

3. Press 1 for the Before T/O checklist does not work. I have had this all 3 flights I have done.

Nice looking plane and I look forward to some of these bugs getting ironed out.

Cameron

Yes I have similar issues and some additional, I've checked and adhere to the appropriate manuals:

1. Cockpit Preparation Checklist, the items I need to skip:

- ECAM Recall, I've tried pushing the buttons in the order that the manual says but still it hangs for a long time.

- Nav Lights, I just can't get the correct order for the checklist to acknowledge it?

- Fuel Pumps, again I have them all turned on but the checklist does not acknowledge this?

- Engine Fire Test, the FO states "Engine fire test number 1 and 2" in quick succession, is this normal?

- After the Cockpit Preparation Checklist is complete, the DOME INT LT CTL turns on automatically, is this normal?

2. Push Back:

- Start Engine .. Info Bars are not displaying although it is turned on, I am getting other Info Bar messages ok.

- During engine start, after the first engine (no.2) is started, if the pushback is complete, and after commencing the second engine start (no.1), the aircraft starts to roll forward so you need to quickly set the park brake.  In the A320/A321 Professional, the aircraft is held in place by the ground crew (I presume), until the engine start is complete, after which "pushback complete, please set your parking brake" is stated.  In the A330 Professional, its like the ground crew just let go of the aircraft and let it roll until the 2nd engine is started, at which time he states "pushback complete, please set your parking brake".  I don't use GSX.

3. After Start Checklist:

- Theres no response to Rudder Trim it just goes directly to the next item which is Pitch Trim, however, the checklist does not recognise the Pitch Trim is set correctly so this item also needs to be skipped.

Other than that I love the machine, and would like to thank everyone at Aerosoft for their awesome support in working through the teething issues for the initial release.

Regards

Greg

vor 9 Stunden , gjgriff sagte:

Yes I have similar issues and some additional, I've checked and adhere to the appropriate manuals:

1. Cockpit Preparation Checklist, the items I need to skip:

- ECAM Recall, I've tried pushing the buttons in the order that the manual says but still it hangs for a long time.

Try to select the "FUEL" page then press the "RCL" button for about 3 sec. This works for me.

Regards

Charly

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 12.12.2019 at 00:22, cdog sagte:

1. The checklists seem to take awhile to complete. Pretty long pauses between items/responses. Any way to make this quicker like the 319/320?

In the A31x/A32X busses there was no ViewFocus function available. Now we use the real time necessary to check or set. This is now moch more realistic then previously. But we will check this and maybe do some fine tuning......

2. On pushback after the most recent GSX update, I had to set the parking break, then release the parking brake, and set again to get the "wait" to start the after start

If you use GSX PB the normal procedure is to release parking, start engine 1, after it is stabilized start engine 2 and set parking brakes when GSX asks you to do it. This works fine. Because we do not know which GSX procedure is used (the normal one like mentioned above or the one with de-icing after pushback) as there is no GSX variable available for that, we are not able to change the sequence in such a case. If you want to follow the GSX instructions (engine start after PB is completed) then set the parking brakes when GSX asks for it. Relase it again and start engine 1........

3. Press 1 for the Before T/O checklist does not work. I have had this all 3 flights I have done.

Did you see the resp.  INFOBAR message message? Did you really finish the TAXI CL? Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce it and we had no such issues before....

Regards,

Rolf

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:54 PM, gjgriff said:

...- Fuel Pumps, again I have them all turned on but the checklist does not acknowledge this?

I experience this as well.

2. Push Back:

- During engine start, after the first engine (no.2) is started, if the pushback is complete, and after commencing the second engine start (no.1), the aircraft starts to roll forward so you need to quickly set the park brake.  In the A320/A321 Professional, the aircraft is held in place by the ground crew (I presume), until the engine start is complete, after which "pushback complete, please set your parking brake" is stated.  In the A330 Professional, its like the ground crew just let go of the aircraft and let it roll until the 2nd engine is started, at which time he states "pushback complete, please set your parking brake".  I don't use GSX.

I experience this issue as well and though GSX is installed I did not use it for the push and start. 

Additionally:

The timing of things needs a bit of attention. Specifically,  when I pushed the thrust levers forward for takeoff the cabin crew chose that moment to comence their safety brief.  That should occur at pushback.

Tangentially related... the checklist and virtual copilot feature is highly impressive.  It greatly reduces the workload and makes the simulation experience much more realistic.  Thanks for that!  The element of these features whereby the Captain's head and eyes move to the item in question and back is equally impressive.  But sometimes it occurs at times during taxi (in the middle of a hard turn, for example) and initial climb where I would prefer to keep my head and eyes forward.  Not sure what to suggest... perhaps an algorithm which recognized this and kept eyes to the front?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because the A330 engines are much heavier than in the smaller models, the plane starts to move forward at IDLE thrust if it is not fully loaded. This is according to RL. For the A330 it is  SOP to start with engine 1 first and after it is stabilized to start engine 2. GSX pushback works with the A330 perfect if it is enabled in the MCDU3 Ground Service Menu and if you follow this procedure as previously described. The cabin crew safety instructions are played when the TAXI CL is running e. g. after you reached 10 knots. Regarding the ViewFocus we also recognized this and are currently working on its fine tuning.

Regards,

Rolf

11 hours ago, Hanse said:

In the A31x/A32X busses there was no ViewFocus function available. Now we use the real time necessary to check or set. This is now moch more realistic then previously. But we will check this and maybe do some fine tuning......

I do not use the view focus option because I have the copilot turned on and it is all handled automatically for the majority of the items. I really like this automatic function as I do not get much time to sim because of family obligations. The quicker checklists on the smaller busses gets me airborne quicker. I worked for a 121 carrier for 11 years and I know that the pace the current A330 goes for reading the checklists is not realistic. I don't want to sound unappreciative as I do really like this option. Anything that can be done to speed things up would be appreciated.

If you use GSX PB the normal procedure is to release parking, start engine 1, after it is stabilized start engine 2 and set parking brakes when GSX asks you to do it. This works fine. Because we do not know which GSX procedure is used (the normal one like mentioned above or the one with de-icing after pushback) as there is no GSX variable available for that, we are not able to change the sequence in such a case. If you want to follow the GSX instructions (engine start after PB is completed) then set the parking brakes when GSX asks for it. Relase it again and start engine 1........

I should have added that both engines were started during the pushback. Looks like GSX pushed an update through so I need to update and will report back if there is still an issue. I think my issue happened because of GSX, I don't believe this is an issue with the A330

Did you see the resp.  INFOBAR message message? Did you really finish the TAXI CL? Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce it and we had no such issues before....

Yes the INFOBAR message is present for the Before Takeoff and it says to press 1. Yes Taxi checklist was completed. I am able to active the checklist by MCDU but would prefer to just press 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 11 Stunden , cdog sagte:

Yes the INFOBAR message is present for the Before Takeoff and it says to press 1. Yes Taxi checklist was completed. I am able to active the checklist by MCDU but would prefer to just press 1

I have no idea why especially this CL does not work using "1" and I am also not able to reproduce it.......

vor 11 Stunden , cdog sagte:

I know that the pace the current A330 goes for reading the checklists is not realistic. I don't want to sound unappreciative as I do really like this option. Anything that can be done to speed things up would be appreciated.

If you use the flows to prior make your settings then you are right that the CL speed is unrealistic. But if you are marking the settings when the CL is running then I believe the timing is quite realistic.

8 hours ago, Hanse said:

I have no idea why especially this CL does not work using "1" and I am also not able to reproduce it.......

If you use the flows to prior make your settings then you are right that the CL speed is unrealistic. But if you are marking the settings when the CL is running then I believe the timing is quite realistic.

I will keep trying with it and report back if further issues arrive.

I agree with your statement, however would it be possible to add an option to speed up the checklists if the view focus is turned off? 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived