A330 PRO FUEL ISSUES

KendrickC

good evening all i have used the a330 fuel planner on two flights. cyvr to cyul planned on the pfpx but when i landed i had vapers in the tank. i tried to do a flight to eddf from katl and i was down to vapers before i ad reached the tod. i went to simbrief and recreated the flight and the block was 49.9. the same flight using the fuel planner was a block of 40.5. . hopes this helps

warm regards Steve, the old fart

16 hours ago, mousemansteven said:

good evening all i have used the a330 fuel planner on two flights. cyvr to cyul planned on the pfpx but when i landed i had vapers in the tank. i tried to do a flight to eddf from katl and i was down to vapers before i ad reached the tod. i went to simbrief and recreated the flight and the block was 49.9. the same flight using the fuel planner was a block of 40.5. . hopes this helps

warm regards Steve, the old fart

Hey Steve,

Thank you for your report.  We're aware and working on the Fuel Planner and other possible fuel related concerns.

Something else, though this likely does not account for all of what you experienced, the Fuel Plan ner does not take into account SIDs, STARs and Winds aloft like Simbrief and PFPX does.  Such factors can make all the difference.

When I calculate fuel for a flight, I typically use Simbrief and use the aircraft template I created for the Aerosoft A330 and I will use the Weather Snap Shot feature so that Simbrief will take into account the winds for my flight.

You can find the Simbrief and PFPX aircraft profiles and a short description of how i perform Fuel Planning for the A330 in the topic below.  Again it doesn't resolve everything but I think it will get you close.  Of course the longer the flight, the more any errors are exacerbated so one needs to compensate by taking extra go juice.

Thank you again, and best wishes!

Archived