FuelPlanner problem

Aviator1985

I am also getting an error message when trying to open the fuel planner. Only thing I have changed was installing the temporary flight model fix. I then reverted back to the original file with no help. I also deleted the FuelPlanner saved settings file, I could open the fuel planner again, but when selecting the A330 I got another "force quit" error message (which can be ignored). When I leave it at the A330 I get the same error message again as seen below

Please login to display this image.

1 minute ago, Aviator1985 said:

I am also getting an error message when trying to open the fuel planner. Only thing I have changed was installing the temporary flight model fix. I then reverted back to the original file with no help. I also deleted the FuelPlanner Saved file. Same problem.

Please go to the folder where the Fuel Planner is installed (normally "Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Fuel Planner"), and delete the "FuelPlannerSavedSettings.xml" file.  Then retry and let us know how it works out.

7 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Please go to the folder where the Fuel Planner is installed (normally "Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Fuel Planner"), and delete the "FuelPlannerSavedSettings.xml" file.  Then retry and let us know how it works out.

Already done that. I was then able to open the fuelplanner which showed the A318... when switching to the A330 I got another error message.. I was able to ignore it and put in some numbers, which was recognized by the aircraft then loading it in. Unfortunately I then encountered another issue with the MCP, but that's for another thread (unless I can find if someone else has posted that). Anyway upon returning to the fuelplanner I get the same error message I had to begin with.

7 minutes ago, Aviator1985 said:

Already done that. I was then able to open the fuelplanner which showed the A318... when switching to the A330 I got another error message.

What was the other error message?

• Deputy Sheriffs

When you open the fuel planner, what is written in the title bar? Do you read something like Aerosoft Airbus X Fuelplanner or Aerosoft A3xx Fuel Planner?

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, so the reason is quite clear, as this is the old fuelplanner, that cant handle the A330.

This happens when you install one of the smaller buses after the A330 or the new file could not be written during the installation of the A330.

What you can do is that you install the A330 once again, so that the new fuel planner exe gets written.  And yes, the new file is still named "Aerosoft.AirbusX.FuelPlanner.exe" and of course there should be only one exe in the folder.

Aerosoft is aware of this problem and will deliver a solution soon.

59 minutes ago, mopperle said:

OK, so the reason is quite clear, as this is the old fuelplanner, that cant handle the A330.

This happens when you install one of the smaller buses after the A330 or the new file could not be written during the installation of the A330.

What you can do is that you install the A330 once again, so that the new fuel planner exe gets written.  And yes, the new file is still named "Aerosoft.AirbusX.FuelPlanner.exe" and of course there should be only one exe in the folder.

Aerosoft is aware of this problem and will deliver a solution soon.

The question is how it got their, since a) I installed the A330 after the smaller busses and b) I was already using the FuelPlanner for the A330 without issues

UPDATE: Reinstalling did the trick. Still a mystery how the old one got there in the first place. Oh well doesn't matter right now

Archived