Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

Mathijs Kok

A330, how is your framerate?

i'm having a Medium of FPS arround 40 (3 points up/down) but every approach i do, the fps goes down to 26~32 and the plane gets a bit bad on control... comparing to the A320(21,19,18) the FPS stays about 9~13 fps lower in A330.

My Specs is: Intel i7 6th gen

Nvidea GTX 1070

16GB RAM

with a SSD 240gb

running at full hd

medium to low config of the sim!

i guess if you guys put an option to turn off the EFB could give us a few fps. As well as the outside texture, the reflexion could be opitional, this way, we can get a few more frames :)

I like the FPS performance in my sim. Maybe I've been spoiled with maintaining 40-50 fps in high density airports. But in a place where I'd normally get 40-50 fps in another aircraft, I get 30-35 in the A330. I wonder what kind of performance I'll get when I take this to FlyTampa Boston Reboot where it's already sluggish performance with other aircraft.

I do hope there is an option to disable the EFB though to save some performance. Since I already fly with a secondary monitor.

This is exactly what I spoke about in another topic.  We have lost sight of what's important.  I initially was defending Aerosoft but after this thread I'm not so sure anymore.  I am  frustrated that I have to use HDR in order to have materials shine a certain way, with no option to turn it off.  I really don't care if something is reflective.  I care about how the airplane performs and functions.   Now I have to possibly lose 5 FPS for a copilot decoration.   I use fs2 crew to help me simulate having a co-pilot.  There are lots of things that happen in a real airbus that are not worth simulating.  If you want to add that feature fine, but we need to have the option to turn it off.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

I mean if you're really looking for a project..... GE and PW engines I would take over a modeled FO any day. The RR is great but it's an incredibly solid foundation to expand the A330 line. The performance is great.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Av8ter said:

I mean if you're really looking for a project..... GE and PW engines I would take over a modeled FO any day. The RR is great but it's an incredibly solid foundation to expand the A330 line. The performance is great.

Absolutely! The A330 is great as it is, but Delta or KLM in their original variants would be awesome!

• Like 2

FPS is good for me with the A330. However I would want it to stay that way. Let us save these 5 fps for the rest of the flight like weather, clouds etc.

I just don't think there is enough demand for a modelled pilot sitting next to you nor seeing your own feet and arms. But if you really want to do something like this, you should at least give us the possibility to turn it on and off. 

Imo you did a good job with the 330. Fix a few things here and there and you have a very solid product on par with the QW 787! Thank you for that!

Kind regards,

Daniel

• Like 1

Very good frame rates!

i5 9600K (at stock speeds) + mobo Z390 + 16 GB DDR-4 2666 + GTX1050TI 4 GB + SATA3 7200 RPM + 23.8" LG IPS MONITOR FULL HD.

On 12.12.2019 at 21:56, FHSim sagte:

i'm having a Medium of FPS arround 40 (3 points up/down) but every approach i do, the fps goes down to 26~32 and the plane gets a bit bad on control... comparing to the A320(21,19,18) the FPS stays about 9~13 fps lower in A330.

i guess if you guys put an option to turn off the EFB could give us a few fps. As well as the outside texture, the reflexion could be opitional, this way, we can get a few more frames :)

This is what I experience as well: on departure and approach the framerate goes down more than in any other comparable addon-aircraft including the A319 and A320 series. In those phases, the A330 is acutally quite heavy on frames, while is is super fluid in cruise and also quite good on the ground in bigger addon airports. The performance difference of the A320 between takeoff/landing and cruise is much better. In which aspects is the A330 different here?

Having said that I don't really need a first officer sitting next to me. Better put some more work in clearing the remaining issues of this highly enjoyble and excellent looking aircraft!

My system: i5-6600K, 24 GB Ram, GTX 1070Ti

• Like 3

On 13.12.2019 at 14:21, Av8ter sagte:

Definitely. I'd also prefer investing development time into different engine variants over a modeled copilot.

I don't know how it's actually working so well for me... I have an Acer laptop with an I5-8250U, 8GB of RAM and an MX150, and in low settings (with something in medium) at Full HD is keeping a good 27-40 fps, going also to 50 sometimes! With some drops to 17-23 when in congested zones... Quite impressed, really! 

Hi

I don't understand....

I have got a low fps...7.9 f/s with no scene no active sky...just ezca running.

My config :

CPU : I7 8700 K OC 4.6 ghz
GPU : MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 Go
RAM : 24 Go

Is there a bad setting  ??? something to do ?

When i use fslabs, i ve got more 30f/s.... whit the same settings....

What's that explain these poors fps ?

I have reinstalled the A330 aleady

Thanks you

That is indeed very low. With that hardware and those conditions it should be 10 times as much. Can you check how the load is on your CPU and GPU?

Ive checked the charge, when cold and dark with no scene, no active sky just ezca running.

FPS = 11 f/s

CPU = 17- 20 %

GPU = 12-12 %

Memory = 33%

I ve reinstalled 2015 2019 visual c++

So i don't understand

2020-1-14_15-10-47-878.jpg

2020-1-14_15-10-55-150.jpg

aircraft.cfg being messed up?

But anyway please do not post such unrelated things in this topic. Open another topic in the support section.

• Thanks 1

I seem to be able to maintain 30fps now,   I have AS and Navigraph running.  Small sample size,  but it drops as I get closer to the airport, perhaps as low as 20 fps

On 1/14/2020 at 8:41 AM, karine2412 said:

After reinstall the A330 one more time ,

I ve a new message of error...

You should definitely open a support ticket/thread

That error occurs when you have multiple entries of the same aircraft -- it sounds like in your uninstalls something didn't get cleaned up.

As for your low performance, you need to look at Task Manager, Performance Tab for your cpu core usages.  You cannot simply rely on the overall cpu usage because your interest is in the P3D main thread, typically Core0 cpu usage.  THAT is what will determine your fps in sim, primarily.  

Another thing you need to look at, while the sim is behaving badly at 7-8 fps, is in Task Manager, running applications.  You have good hardware, so something has to be eating your cpu cycles at that time...running apps will tell you what is using the cpu.   Also remember that presently in P3Dv4.5HF2 with all but the newest gfx cards, if you run SSAA+HDR at night it will kill your framerate (I have the same gpu as you do, and I have a "night" config saved in P3D, that uses MSAA antialiasing at night.  MSAA+HDR is ok on my 1080ti.)   I think people with the newer 2xxx cards (like 2080ti) don't have this problem as much.

But I would open a support ticket/thread and they will help you sort it all out.