!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

Mathijs Kok

A330, how is your framerate?

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Perhaps even my dream of a good looking (as in realism) person in the seat next to you. The fact that seat is empty and no simmers complain about that while they find wingflex super important will never stop to amaze me. An empty seat on the flightdeck on take-off is simply utterly unrealistic. Ask any pilot what he cares for more.

Interesting goal, but the execution would have to be way, way, way better than any cockpit figures we've seen to date in other products.  The usual result is somewhere between Otto and a refugee from the uncanny valley.

Re: what other posters have said, I have to say I'm not a big fan of seeing the pilot's arms and legs in the VC, either.  I mean, I've got arms and legs, and I know where they are - so what's with those extra ones up there on the screen?  Cf. "uncanny valley," above.

If you can come up with pilot figures that are a quantum leap better - which I'm sure is what you're aiming for - then I'd be happy to think about it.

• Upvote 1

Now aside from this whole discussion, would this 1st Officer be only cosmetic or will it probably also have some functions and features.

I dream now from a combination with FS2Crew, saying "hey, set Heading xy and he is doing it with hands to heading knob etc" ❤️

All in all, if the FPS loss is not dramatically, I would say yes to such features but I also need to agree, that an additional option for disabling this feature would be cool.

I am thinking about Connected Flight Deck Sessions what can probably cause some strange camera conflicts.

And btw.... I just click all the time on the FA bell that my FA brings some cofee in, i LOVE those laughing cofe on my tray table.

Such features makes the cockit much more alive as those static stuff we see in all the other aircrafts.

Ha writing that, probably it is possible to add a perser which walks into the Cockpit after the boarding has been completed and cabine has been secured :D

Sitting in a very comfortable high 30 fps range here, with scenery. It drops a little on App, but still solid around the 30 mark. Which is awesome :)

Personally, I'm not really interested in a Co-Pilot and would prefer to keep those extra 5 fps. 

Would I'd trade those 5 fps for some other feature (not sure which one to be honest)? Maybe, yeah probably, yes. 

Will the First Officer have wingflex? 🙂

Seriously, if you start putting a First Officer next to me, you can't stop there. If he is there he should also reach for knobs and levers etc. And all that must look realistic. And I would like to have a choice of a variety of FOs. To have the same few ones on every flight would also be unrealistic. 

The best humans I've seen so far in the sim are the GSX V2 marshallers, and they are still far from acceptable right next to me. 

If you really try it, please make it optional.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Will the First Officer have wingflex? 🙂

Yes! Your first officer will actually be Hull Cogan flexing his Biceps. Instead of the "sneezing" you hear in the background, Cogan will give you his inspirational quotes such as:

“To all my little Hulkamaniacs, say your prayers, take your vitamins and you will never go wrong.” or “Hulkamania is running wild, Brother”

• Like 1

Took my second flight today. Took one across USA on Tuesday with no real issues (other than surprises with the new checklist features and handling little bugs with an inattentive co-pilot)

I had my graphics at mid settings as I do for all my Aerosoft bus flights.

Weather was CAVOK but I did fly using Orbx California N&S from KOAK to KSAN (payware version).

My system has fps sort of locked at 30 using vsync as my 28" 4K monitor requires that for best performance.

During prep and departure I saw no drop in fps ~28-30.

During flight I did get the occasional (and expected) 1-3 second pauses while P3D loaded scenery  but the avg fps counter did not drop. 

During approach I expected some sort of drop but to my surprise it stayed about the same during all phases of the flight although the plane still does its waving wings at the airport on ILS approach.

So it is as good or better than my existing A318-A321.

I was not expecting such good performance given the pre-release forum posts which might have suggested some performance drops with the new systems.

The performance is fine, you did a great job on this topic, but:

OMG please don't put a cartoon there.. There is so much left out in an Aerosoft version of an aircraft (absolutely no offence, I know the pricing) that someone sitting there who would be within your pricing level would NOT increase any reaslim.. I was about to ask how to stop these annoying automatic tables to extend and found that idea with a 3D figure being placed there?! Without the option to throw him out?? Please don't do that. This simulator simply can't handle that. The only acceptable "co-pilot" was Heidi in the A2A Cub. She didn't touch anything, was seen mainly from behind and just made strange comments. But a natural looking and moving co-pilot would kill more than 5FPS. Probably more than the airbus. 

vor 4 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I am a bit surprised about comments like this. EVERY crew will extend the tray table in cruise to have a place to put coffee, smartphone etc etc.

Why do you insist something that is happening on every single flight should be toggled? For sure it does not take any framerate!

Why stop the automatic tables? Because the airplane won't extend them on its own. Leave them clickable and that's the maximum realism you look for. I wanted to do some touch and goes and those tables and foot rest coming out at FL70 drove me crazy. 

The airplane is made really well, not much to complain about considering that it's been released 2 days ago and your quick reaction on the flight controls. But neither do I understand nor do I share the Aerosoft humour of getting a cup of coffee (without a 3D FA entering the flight deck) or similar things. Sometimes it's really better to add an "off" button. Same goes to the EFB. It's pretty much useless and probably eating up frames when one has an iPad with charts and weather on it and just hinders me to click the nosewheel disc button. A possibility to simply dismount it would really be appreciated, I'm sure the textures are modules that can be attached or removed easily via the CDU.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

pretty high and very smooth, when i fly from MEL-PEK, in ORBX YMML, i got 40+ in vc, in WF ZBAA, i also got 40+ in VC

I would prefer to keep those extra 5 fps for the buffer for other complicated scenery,

And just focus to clean the bugs and make good use of the updater and keep improving the Airbus Pro Series I think will be a good choice for both Aerosoft and customers.

Thank you your hardwork! good job.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, JarredP said:

If you add 3D pilots in the cockpit, please also add the possibility to turn them off. I'd love to see an option to NOT animate the tray table when the aircraft reaches cruise level as well.

Exactly this. Its nice to be able to pull out the tray table and every now and then open a window on the ground, but I dont see the need to have it random done by a ghost.

Might aswell just look at an A330 cockpit video and have the flying done for me aswell.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I will also stress the need again for anything you add to make it optional (unless it's Airbus system critical and with that I mean in terms of flying the airplane). If you can't disable it I am not interested and rather keep the extra performance. My FPS did go slightly  below 30 at KBOS standing at the gate at turn around state

• Upvote 1

Cannot see the point of having 3D pilots in the cockpit. All it will do is reduce the A330 with this function to the level of the inflatable pilot depicted in the film "Airplane"! If you do incorporate 3D pilots in the cockpit, then please, please ensure that there is an option to remove them. 

• Upvote 1

Mathijs, regarding visible flight-crew I find the FA on the camera in the A319-A321 bringing me my coffee is a nice touch (haven't checked if shes in the A330 as well), but I find the person on the CRJ camera a bit scarry 😉

EDIT: On a serious note - Personally I would not like to offer 5 fps on 3D flight-crew (beside the cockpit the internal of all my aircraft could be void, as it is not where I spend my time). The day we have +60 FPS everywhere, anywhere all the time, then yes. As of now I'd rather spend those 5 FPS on AI around me, 3rd party airports and what else is taxing my system.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, pellelil said:

Mathijs, regarding visible flight-crew I find the FA on the camera in the A319-A321 bringing me my coffee is a nice touch (haven't checked if shes in the A330 as well), but I find the person on the CRJ camera a bit scarry 😉

Pelle

Heck, we may as well replace all our interventions in the sim with automatons and just sit back and watch the flight like a video. Personally I find that animations of virtual people are an unnecessary and gimmicky addition to something which I thought was more directed at an experience unique to the individual rather than to immerse ourselves in a world overrun by virtual people. On the plus side, I guess that these are optional extras and hence should not detract from the immersive experience that you would prefer to enjoy. Sad day indeed if we all find ourselves spending more time with virtual people than our own fellow human beings (just a personal thought). 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Heck, we may as well replace all our interventions in the sim with automatons and just sit back and watch the flight like a video. Personally I find that animations of virtual people are an unnecessary and gimmicky addition to something which I thought was more directed at an experience unique to the individual rather than to immerse ourselves in a world overrun by virtual people. On the plus side, I guess that these are optional extras and hence should not detract from the immersive experience that you would prefer to enjoy. Sad day indeed if we all find ourselves spending more time with virtual people than our own fellow human beings (just a personal thought). 

I could see the "usefullness" in a shared cockpit where you could have a virtual captain/FO sitting next to you visually performing that action performed by the person by whom you share the cockpit, but then again you don't know what the person is going to do, hence the animations would have to be delayed until that person had already performed the action, hence the "avatar" would lag behind.

I'd leave it as it is.
I've blocked the FPS to 30 and even there it depends on various conditions (airport, weather, scenery in general) whether I can reach them.

With the FSUIPC I logged the FPS for my first two flights.

3600sec = 1h

LEBB--> LEPA

Minimum frame rate was 15.8 fps, Maximum was 30.0 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 7027 secs = 26.8 fps

EDDF-->LIPZ

Minimum frame rate was 12.3 fps, Maximum was 30.0 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 6601 secs = 27.6 fps

Wolfgang

Hi,

Would not be any problem to drag down the 5 fps for other important development.

I will take the opertunity to say the fps is much impressive. I have over Frankfurt and Heatrow 50 + with hard settings. I can accept down to 30+

Any way the plane is the best I  ever have had in my simulator. Very realistic!  But what could be expected from a software house as AREOSOFT :) :)

My rig over all is

I7 8700k run with 4,5 GHz

16 Ghz RAM

MSI Geforce 980Ti

Nothing special but it work well with good balance.

Regards

Folke Ekeroth

vor 22 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

[...]An empty seat on the flightdeck on take-off is simply utterly unrealistic.[...]

What would be even more unrealistic than an empty seat on the flightdeck on take-off would be one empty and one occupied seat.

Besides that a static body would add 0% immersion or realism (quite the contrary IMHO) and I honestly doubt that you'd be able to create natural looking, non-repetitive human animations, that's why I'd vote against it.

• Upvote 1

For me the empty seat next to me has always bugged especially while doing a connected flight knowing I do have a live copilot. But is one of the facts of life of simming. Wing flex is very nice too but you sometimes can't have it all. I love the A330 and in fact am prepping for another flight in it. Frame rates for me are great but I have an upper end PC. Frames even in Heathrow where I have Aerosoft Mega Airports Heathrow with everything on and ORBX scenery I get 30+ FPS on the ground 50-60 FPS in the air once past about FL 100. Stays nice and fluid motion wise.

System:

Ruzen 9 3900X

32GB DDR4 3600MHz

MSI RTX 2080

Thank you for this awesome plane,

Jason

Mathijs was kind enough to share with me the WIP for the co-pilot...

cbNZjvE.gif

• Upvote 2

I'll join in and echo what most are saying. As I mentioned earlier the frames are quite good but I don't want to give any up just to have a copilot next to me. If it is going to be done, then I think having the option to turn it off becomes necessary.

• Upvote 1

Frames thus far, from what I've been able to test (while admittedly not extensive, yet) are quite good.  I lock to 30fps and I've yet to see something lower than say 27-28.  Now, do that at KJFK or EGLL at dawn or dusk and that may be a different story - but for now...

That said, I'm doubtful with the resources today that a FO could be much more than a somewhat creepy looking and useless cosmetic addition.  But I could be wrong, and besides it's a step that's going to have to be taken some day...  Somebody mentioned the GSX ground crew; in my opinion they don't look too bad, but we also don't see them at close range, either, or for long enough periods to "grow tired" of them.

The automatic tray table animations seem to be a bit of a hot button and I have to say I agree with those who would like to see the automatic animation disabled(able).  I usually open it before the animation opens it anyway, and I always find the closing animation annoying and sometimes startling.  (If I don't [or forget to] open it manually, I don't have a problem with it opening automatically when the FA delivers the coffee - there's an expectation for that instance.)  As for the objects on the tray table, I think that's a great touch (much like the printouts).

On 12/11/2019 at 2:17 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We have seen a lot of comments where people comment on how easy the A330 is on framerates. Now to be honest we worked REALLY hard on that and using the P3d V4.5 HF2 compilers and not older ones helps a lot.  We compared the amount of polygons per frame with other add-ons and we know we are more efficient. That leads me to consider if we have been TOO careful and could have added more to the VC without dragging down framerates.

Perhaps even my dream of a good looking (as in realism) person in the seat next to you. The fact that seat is empty and no simmers complain about that while they find wingflex super important will never stop to amaze me. An empty seat on the flightdeck on take-off is simply utterly unrealistic. Ask any pilot what he cares for more.

I have compared the A330 to all the major aircraft releases this year and I believe it looks better and has better frame rate then any other. But that is me, the project manager, you would expect me to say so. And we make pretty complex scenery as well so as one of the very few publishers we have a valid interest in being extremely frugal with frames. We believe an aircraft should not take more than 60% of available resources. they rest is for world add-ons, aircraft, weather, traffic etc.

So I would like to know from you how you interpret the frame/quality of the A330. I think we have around 5 fps to play with. That means we could add things eating up 5 fps before we run into what is acceptable. 

Now I know it is hard to avoid direct comparisons and we do not prevent them. But I insist on polite comments. An add-on compiled in May 2019 with an older compiler will find it hard to compete with one that is compiled last week. 

Simulation smoothness is by far more impirtant than just frame rates. The A-330 is really light on frames, almost as light as simpler add-on aircraft like Carenado, I would say It's as light on frames as the excelente Aerosoft's DC-8. Currently I'm running my sim on a 4k TV with VSync enabled and TV refresh rate limited to 30 Hz. Even in heavy sceneries (LVFR Miami, JFK among others) the frames are quite good. When I heard about the coffee cup animation,and the F/A on the  flight deck security câmera, I must confess that I was somehat concerned about these cosmetic items reducing the frame rates, but the overall result is very pleasant. As for a 3D F/O, how many polygons would  a good rendering of a human being require? 

1 hour ago, S_D said:

Mathijs was kind enough to share with me the WIP for the co-pilot...

cbNZjvE.gif

As long as they don't animate what the air hostess does if the co-pilot deflates!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LecLightning56 said:

As long as they don't animate what the air hostess does if the co-pilot deflates!

Perhaps the air hostess and her "activity" as an expansion pack in case she forgets the coffee

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1