I'm not, no.

I have:

P3D V4.5

ASP4

EzDok

Navigraph

GSX & GSX Level 2

UK2000 Gatwick Extreme

Self-Loading Cargo (not used with A330 yet)

Aerosoft A318/A319 & A320/A321 Professional Bundle

TSS Airbus 320 CFM56-5B4 Pilot Edition v2 Sound Package

QualityWings Ultimate 757 Collection

JustFlight Robin DR400

JustFlight Traffic Global (Early Access)

I also have some FlyUK Aero planes installed - A fellow VA "colleague" has these installed but has no issues with the A330.

All other planes (A3xx / 757 / DR400) work perfectly with the installed add ons.

11 minutes ago, mopperle said:

And you are sure you have installed HF2 for P3D?

Please see below. I have gone onto LM's website, and can only see this version listed, so assume this is HF2.

On 12/13/2019 at 2:09 PM, RedBGaming said:

I'm on V4.5 Developer Licence, Version 4.5.13.32097, SimConnect 4.5.0.0.

OK, so I've made three (ish) changes.

1) GSX has had an update which I've performed. This for some reason hasn't loaded in-sim however. I did a P3d restart, whilst doing so came across and performed points 2 & 3 below before confirming GSX was working. (more on this below.)

2)

As lao suggest that the engines do not have full power / throttle response (kind of what I am seeing, but not quite. So onto Prepar3d.com to see how to turn this off (I do not have VR) Ref: https://prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d/virtual_reality/virtual_reality.html

I went into the Prepar3d.cfg file and changed the 'LoadVirtualReality' setting to 0.

3) I also found this: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122445

A reference to a topic where engines would not start. I have found that default P3d comes with Carenado's AC11 Commander 114 plane (orange if anyone wants to follow my steps). I loaded up this plane to see if there were any 'states' that I could load (there are not) but I performed a Ctrl+E to start this plane as I tried to go through the start procedures, but couldn't get a start. Strangely, the plane's engine did not start, but I thought perhaps I'd changed a plane setting, that I'd messed something up. 

Anyway. Reloaded the A333 Virgin model, (Biggin Hill EGKB) on Runway 21 (Cold & Dark). Run the checklist with Co-Pilot on. It was here that I've noticed that GSX still had not loaded. Still let the PF/PM go through their lists to the push-back / start phase. I did not perform a push-back (as I was on the active runway already) and low and behold, the engines fire like they should at about 30% N3.

Next steps:

I'm currently doing a full flight from Biggin Hill to Gatwick just to put something in the flight plan.

Once landed, will try a new engine start from doing the above EGKB on Runway 21 | Cold & Dark | No push-back

Then going to try and get GSX to work.

Then see if I can start the engines again without a push-back.

Then I'll try a push-back start procedure.

If the above all works, then I'll go back to the Prepar3d.cfg and change the 'LoadVirtualReality' setting to 1 (Default).

Will report back here with findings.

Fingers crossed!!!

Robin.

2 minutes ago, RedBGaming said:

OK, so I've made three (ish) changes.

1) GSX has had an update which I've performed. This for some reason hasn't loaded in-sim however. I did a P3d restart, whilst doing so came across and performed points 2 & 3 below before confirming GSX was working. (more on this below.)

2)

As lao suggest that the engines do not have full power / throttle response (kind of what I am seeing, but not quite. So onto Prepar3d.com to see how to turn this off (I do not have VR) Ref: https://prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d/virtual_reality/virtual_reality.html

I went into the Prepar3d.cfg file and changed the 'LoadVirtualReality' setting to 0.

3) I also found this: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122445

A reference to a topic where engines would not start. I have found that default P3d comes with Carenado's AC11 Commander 114 plane (orange if anyone wants to follow my steps). I loaded up this plane to see if there were any 'states' that I could load (there are not) but I performed a Ctrl+E to start this plane as I tried to go through the start procedures, but couldn't get a start. Strangely, the plane's engine did not start, but I thought perhaps I'd changed a plane setting, that I'd messed something up. 

Anyway. Reloaded the A333 Virgin model, (Biggin Hill EGKB) on Runway 21 (Cold & Dark). Run the checklist with Co-Pilot on. It was here that I've noticed that GSX still had not loaded. Still let the PF/PM go through their lists to the push-back / start phase. I did not perform a push-back (as I was on the active runway already) and low and behold, the engines fire like they should at about 30% N3.

Next steps:

I'm currently doing a full flight from Biggin Hill to Gatwick just to put something in the flight plan.

Once landed, will try a new engine start from doing the above EGKB on Runway 21 | Cold & Dark | No push-back

Then going to try and get GSX to work.

Then see if I can start the engines again without a push-back.

Then I'll try a push-back start procedure.

If the above all works, then I'll go back to the Prepar3d.cfg and change the 'LoadVirtualReality' setting to 1 (Default).

Will report back here with findings.

Fingers crossed!!!

Robin.

Users (a lot of them) are reporting serious problems with the latest GSX update.  Best to stay away from it and monitor the situation.  http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22661.0.html

OK. Still on 1.0.0.3.

GSX had another update, so updated and loaded up Cold & Dark

Switched GSX ground services to ON.

Run Checklist with Co-pilot ON

Loaded fuel and boarded passengers.

Doors closed automatically when done, before start checklist runs through and GSX starts the tug for pushing. Waits for before start to run through then GSX starts it's push procedure.. "release parking brakes" (Very nice touch there by the way. Well done AS/FSDT.

As push commences go to engine mode selector IGN/START, start Engine 1.... No start.

Going to untick the GSX addons and will report back.

EDIT: Hmmm, so that's not worked!

Next steps I guess are to:

- Completely uninstall GSX, and see if this is the issue.

- Install 1.0.0.4 to see what may have changed (if anything)

- Reinstall GSX

(I've also checked my Prepar3D.cfg file, nothing has changed since yesterday.)

Nope. Not working!

Also uninstalled any C++ Visual studio tools that installed with GSX, but that hasn't fixed either.

Second to last resort, I will uninstall the A330 completely (with GSX uninstalled) remove any "traces" of both installations. Fly a A320 flight to confirm that everything is working as it should (I know it isn't loads, but do have 60 ish hours in the A320 since September.)

If all working ok, then I will install the A330 again, and see if I have any new joy.

This will have to be tomorrow evening now.

Hopefully some of the other guys with this issue are having more luck!

Archived