ENGINES NOT START DURING PUSHBACK A330

Miguel_V

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, mopperle said:

1. error: you didnt turn on the batteries

I've also tried that several times, and it doesn't influence.....so that the engines start, if you want I'll put a video and you'll see it....

If you take a good look and listen, during the checklist the PILOT and/or the COPILOT put them ON.

Double checked batteries, tried a different livery, tried engine 1 start first, tried engine 2 start first.

Tried with checklist on copilot on, checklist on copilot off, checklist off. GSX(Level2) on / off, with push-back, after push-back, and still feels like engine are getting no fuel to be able to fire up.

Still cannot start engines without Ctrl+E.

Once fired, both GSX or checklist (depending on what was used) continues after start.

I've even tried with EZdok on and off!

Well, NOTHING, nor by those, trying from platform without PUSHBACK or GSX activated or anything .....there is no way that the bloody plane of the c...s start. If you are interested in AEROSOFT (doubt) I have the video......

I have something else to try, I suspect I may be doing something wrong with FS2CREW in the checklist that may be locking the fuel flow as my previous tests did not have issues w/o FS2CREW..  just a hunch.. will do another test and report back..   I think its some process flow issue or sequence issue with all the addons.

no, joy.  will try again w/o FS2CREW.  but I do have a workaround with FS2CREW running I just used FSUIPC to bind the L/R Engine switches on my hotas to Auto Start Eng 1 and Eng 2.. when I flip the start switches in the VC I then flip the corresponding engine start switch on my hotas.  Its a hokey workaround atm.  Will report back after I test again w/o FS2CREW.

Updated to 1.0.0.2. Still no joy starting engines unless Ctrl+E.

So strange seeing as there aren't lots of people screaming!

Not sure if it makes the slightest difference, I'm on V4.5 Developer Licence, Version 4.5.13.32097, SimConnect 4.5.0.0.

I tried again w/o FS2CREW, same results..Just Aerosoft pushback no GSX ,,,, no fuel flow triggered.  For now I can use my workaround of using CTRL + E.  Its a random chance the engines do start on their own.  I get random results, so its hard to say if its this or that.  I am not sure what the different in the start logic is between flipping the Eng 1 or Eng 2 start switches vs triggering Auto Start.. Eng1 and Eng2, some fundamental start logic is not triggering.

I just did the client update.  I see where your are headed and I would consider that possibility, but sometimes the engines do start on their own and sometimes they don't.  If it was a client install vs complete install I would tend to think the engines would never start on their own.  I am not opposed to doing a complete update but that takes more time and usually requires re-install of things and I do not have the time for that ATM.  If/when I do to a complete update I will report my findings.  Curious to hear how others updated 1st before I jump right into that.

At last I got the bird to start, step to explain how I got it>>>>(all the following is based on this IMAGE)

Please login to display this image.

When I got to this stage of the CHECHLIST, where in the upper bar I was supposed to have said START MOTOR 1, he didn't tell me anything, even with voice, that either, before setting the selector to IGN START, I pressed CTRL+E trying to see if it starts, then I think I remembered I set the SELECTOR to IGN START then the ENGINE MASTER 1 to ON......after a few seconds I START the Engine 1, indicating by voice MOTOR 1 Stabilized, and in the bar this time if I started MPOTOR 2 including the VOICE, put the ENGINE MASTER 2 in ON started.....and the sequence followed correctly the CHECKLIST.

A failure or BUG, that also came out in the A320/321, is that when starting the TAXI the AIRBUS accelerates me the only one having the levers in IDLE even pressing F1, continues accelerating.

The bug I think is in the sequence file of the CHECKLIST

Interesting Miguel, however I believe the Ctrl+E starts both engines regardless of starter switch, that's what I've found to be happening.

I performed a client update too for HF2.

Just installed the latest FSUIPC (Unregistered). Cannot see this being the issue, but will report back.

Edit: FSUIPC made no difference as expected. Ctrl+E with no engine masters makes the plane want to start like a Boeing where it'll spool, but you have to engage the engine master for them to ignite.

I guess ignore the below, I think it is by design.....

1.0.0.3 - still not working for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not sure if this is by design...

On selecting IGN START the air conditioning drops, and the following happens on the O/H panel:

]

This is what I see on the ECAM screens (Eng1 switched on):

I am having the same issue, I can't even get it started while parked on stand. My engines just spool up to about 34 percent on N2 and then cut out. I have all latest software, but, very frustrating as ì haven't even had a chance to fly this lovely bird.

43 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Is there in P3D or maybe FSUIPC somewhere fuel cut off mapped to anything?

Don't think so. I don't have a registered version of FSUIPC, so it just does the basics. Haven't seen a fuel cut off in p3d either. I would have thought it would stop all my planes if that was the case? (A31X/A32X working perfectly.)

6 minutes ago, Parksie10 said:

I am having the same issue, I can't even get it started while parked on stand. My engines just spool up to about 34 percent on N2 and then cut out. I have all latest software, but, very frustrating as ì haven't even had a chance to fly this lovely bird.

For now Ctrl+E is your friend. Spoils a bit of immersion, but at least you'll get to fly her.

19 minutes ago, Parksie10 said:

Hi Parksie10, as RedBGaming said or as I have configured I have Auto Start Eng1 mapped to L switch on my Thrustmaster Throttle and Eng2 mapped to R.  When I start in VC I flip on Eng1 cutoff in SIM then flip up matching hotas switch right after.. and then repeat for the other engine.  Same effect as CTRL + E.  Just in my mind I can start one engine at a time and tricks my brain that its working.. lol

Once you get it started the plane flies quite nicely.  So far I like it.. except for the EFB (do not get me started on that)  and the engine start issue.

Archived