Centre of Gravity

paulxyouxdunce

I have noticed that the center of gravity calculation on the 3rd MCDU used for Load/Fuel page remains the same regardless of the weight entry I input. Is this happening on purpose or is this a bug. So far I've done about 5 flights with the A330 and the CG for TO is always at 26% according to the 3rd MCDU. This sounds a bit off as I have changed to different load configs on each flight. I am also led to believe that this is incorrect because at Higher Gross Weights based on the CG setting and the trim I find it hard to rotate once at rotation speed. 

The only way to get the CG corrected is using the A3XX Fuel Planner and loading the calculations as loadhsheet on the 3rd MCDU. That also has been buggy for me as GSX incorrectly boards passengers giving wrong weights etc so the time being is to avoid loading baggages and passengers on GSX.

This happens with the Airbus Professional too and seems to be a bug with the recent A3XX fuelplanner update coinciding with the A330 release. The trim setting for all flights regardless of weight is 0.8 nose up. It won't change even when using the "Adjust CoG" slider. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is a known issue and a small limitation on the LOAD & FUEL page on the MCDU3 since the Center of Gravity remains the same. We'll try to have a look if we can do something about it. Right now I recommend doing the load and fuel through the Fuel Planner (no need to let it do the calculations necessarily. Just insert the values you want to be loaded and generate the loadsheet).

8 hours ago, Secondator said:

This is a known issue and a small limitation on the LOAD & FUEL page on the MCDU3 since the Center of Gravity remains the same. We'll try to have a look if we can do something about it. Right now I recommend doing the load and fuel through the Fuel Planner (no need to let it do the calculations necessarily. Just insert the values you want to be loaded and generate the loadsheet).

The same thing happens with the fuelplanner. It affects the Airbus A320 series as well.

Archived