Request: Derated climb thrust / EGT behaviour in cruise

Remolus

Dear Aerosoft team,

First of all thank you so much for your work on the very long anticipated A330. In regards of visuals, sounds and animations it`s in my opinion outstanding. And most parts of normal ops are working already pretty good. 

I have two proposals / requests which you might consider for a future update:

1) It is a normal procedure in many airlines to climb with a derated climb thrust to extend engine life and reduce the, sometimes, high climb rate. Especially with light A330`s. There is the possibility to choose between two predefined derated climb thrust settings => THR DCLB 1, which reduces the maximum climb thrust by 5 to 10% and THR DCLB 2, which reduces the maximum climb thrust by 10 to 15%.

2) In my opinion the EGT behaviour, especially in cruise phase, is modelled wrong. I have several, personal-made, pictures showing values of around 600° Celsius EGT in the real aircraft instead of the around 400° Celsius in the sim. Of course the EGT value is subject to change with temperature variations but not like 200° Celsius. And I know that engine modeling in P3D isn`t simple but maybe there is a chance to adjust that to real values. Furthermore there are other phases and constellations where EGT behaviour is unrealistic. 

Kind regards, 

Remo

• 4 months later...

Hello

I wonder if those requests / proposals were noticed by an Aerosoft developer. If yes, an answer would be highly appreciated. I recently read a thread about the implementation of a correct FLEX model and may be that the reduction in climb thrust, which by the way is entered in the PERF CLB page of the MCDU, could be added as well.

Thanks, Remo

On 4/24/2020 at 9:40 AM, masterhawk said:

FLEX is indeed fixed.

This is much welcome news, and is my only big sticking point with the plane as it is.  So I'm obviously eagerly awaiting the patch that will bring this in.

I know you can't talk in absolutes about release dates, but I'm wondering if there is a plan around its implementation? 

In other words, will the next update be a P3Dv4 update or are there P3Dv5 priorities first?  Or maybe it all gets released together?

Cheers,

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs

Plan currently is to provide updates to v4 first and v5 updates to follow shortly after.

About the derate function. It's one point of discussion that we have in mind to maybe add in the future. However it's not something that is likely to happen in the near future. We shall see.

On 4/30/2020 at 12:11 PM, Secondator said:

Plan currently is to provide updates to v4 first and v5 updates to follow shortly after.

About the derate function. It's one point of discussion that we have in mind to maybe add in the future. However it's not something that is likely to happen in the near future. We shall see.

Hi there,

I assume you're speaking about derated climb thrust, and not derated climb thrust?

Thanks,

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Daniel Baker said:

I assume you're speaking about derated climb thrust, and not derated climb thrust?

On 4/24/2020 at 3:40 PM, masterhawk said:

Derated TO or CLB is not implemented. Maybe in a future development.

On 4/30/2020 at 6:11 PM, Secondator said:

About the derate function. It's one point of discussion that we have in mind to maybe add in the future.

Both are a maybe, whereby derated climb thrust would make the most sense from a normal every day flight point of view.

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

Both are a maybe, whereby derated climb thrust would make the most sense from a normal every day flight point of view.

Not according to Emanuel - derate is implemented in the next fix:

He confirmed the fix was in the next update - it's apparently an "easy fix".  I'm much looking forward to this.

Cheers,

Daniel

12 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Not according to Emanuel - derate is implemented in the next fix:

He confirmed the fix was in the next update - it's apparently an "easy fix".  I'm much looking forward to this.

Cheers,

Daniel

Wonder if derate 90c would look like. If this is implemented. The airbus a330 in my local airport even with light load 35person onboard and 3hour endurance would nearly use the whole damn runway of 3800m to rotate. 😆

• Deputy Sheriffs
50 minutes ago, miquelpp said:

Hi Bob, the FLEX TO is avaliable in any current released version of A318-330?

Best.

Miquel.

Yes, FLEX TO is avail in all Airbus, but was buggy in the A330.

Attached the differences, we only modeled FLEX TO:

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

Gents, derated is not implemented.

FLEX TO is now fixed.

DERATED TO is not the same as FLEX TO.

Sorry meant to say flex take off.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:40 AM, masterhawk said:

FLEX is indeed fixed.

Derated TO or CLB is not implemented. Maybe in a future development.

Sorry, that's my confusion.

I erroneously thought of them as synonyms/interchangeable.

Appreciate the clarification!

Looking forward to FLEX implementation

Cheers,

Daniel

Archived