NO Engine Shut Down Sounds (Internal or External)

Bigt

Hi all,

I have done additional flights and have noticed that there are no engine shut down sounds. Initially, I thought this was a virtual cockpit only issue but after shutting down the engines on my last flight and switching to external view, I have no shut down sounds whatsoever. Just silence. Is this a known issue yet?

Edit: Odd, I checked the sounds folder and the files are there for what I believe are both internal and external sets. But in sim, once I shut down, its like the shutdown sounds aren't getting played?

• Deputy Sheriffs

As the title of the section where you first posted states "General chatter (NO SUPPORT)", this is better placed in the appropriate dedicated support area. I moved it for you.

So I uninstalled, rebooted, deactivated all anti virus, re-downloaded the installer, ran the installer again as admin, rebooted, then updated to the latest version using the updater (also ran as admin).

When I first load the aircraft into P3D, I hear the shutdown sounds in the virtual cockpit as well as externally as it loads into the turn state. As I mentioned before, the sound files are in the aircraft folder. However, the problem persists that once I get engines running, and go to shut them down again, I have no shutdown sounds (none in virtual cockpit, none in external views). I have tried a combination of making sure the APU is running after a flight, (of course) but once I cut the fuel to the engines, all I hear (at least in external view) is the APU sound. I have also tried pulling into the gate and connecting ground power, then shutting down the engines. still no shutdown sounds. It is almost like these sounds get played one time when the aircraft is loaded into P3D and then that is it. They can't be triggered again?

I know you guys are busy with other issues, some of which are far more important, but any help here would be appreciated. I realize that hearing the engines spool down from the cockpit may be unrealistic, but I do truly enjoy it after a long flight. Also, the sound files are there, and as mentioned, they get played when first loading the aircraft, so I would like some guidance on getting this working.

18 hours ago, craigy said:

Hi

This is not new. It happens to me with the A320 series aircraft as well as the A330. Particularly if you do multiple sectors.

Regards

Craig

Well, after a Google search, it appears you are right and this is an issue on the Airbus Pro 320 series as well. Incredibly frustrating and hopefully they can get it sorted  out quickly.  Aside from this issue, I am loving the A330.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived