Flight Controls Don't Work

Antonio Coelho

Hello everyone

I bought the A330 and installed it with all the recommendations made by the Aerosoft team. At first glance it seems to me that everything works fine without any major problems, but oddly enough I don't have flight controls except the rudder and spoilers, the ailerons don't work,
Any idea?

Thank you

A few things I can think of.

1. Did you reboot after installing the A330?  This is necessary.

2. Are you running P3Dv4.5 with Hot Fix 2?  This is also necessary.

3. Did you disable your computer security and then run the installer as Administrator?

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello Dave

1. Did you reboot after installing the A330? This is necessary. - Yes

2. Are you running P3Dv4.5 with Hot Fix 2? This is also necessary. - Yes

3. Did you disable your computer security and then run the installer as Administrator? - Yes

I disabled antivirus, uninstalled and reinstalled the A330.

My Control is the Saitek X52, which continues to work perfectly with the other planes.

Just now, Antonio Coelho said:

Not sure why it's not working for you, we have numerous people using the same controller as you are without issues.

Are you using P3D for the control bindings?   If so, would you please take a screen shot of your Axis calibration?

If you are using FSUIPC... we don't recommend it, but many people use it with the A330 successfully. However the Axis have to be set up differently than other aircraft... I'm not expert with FSUIPC, when when you assign an Axis you have to select the opposite of other aircrft for the Send Axis to FS (something like that... I'm in a detailed test and can't look at it right now to get the exact wording). 

13 minutes ago, Antonio Coelho said:

Most welcome!

Hey Antonio.. could you do us a favor?  The way that you're quoting and posting in the forum makes it look like the person  you are quoting is posting your text.  If  you don't mind, would you just use the Quote function at the bottom of each post and then post below the quote?  This way others can see who actually wrote what.

Thanks my friend!  Looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Antonio, I edited your title for you to use upper and lower case letters. All uppercase is usually seen as the internet version of shouting. Thanks for understanding.

• Herman changed the title to Flight Controls Don't Work
1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Not sure why it's not working for you, we have numerous people using the same controller as you are without issues.

Are you using P3D for the control bindings?   If so, would you please take a screen shot of your Axis calibration?

If you are using FSUIPC... we don't recommend it, but many people use it with the A330 successfully. However the Axis have to be set up differently than other aircraft... I'm not expert with FSUIPC, when when you assign an Axis you have to select the opposite of other aircrft for the Send Axis to FS (something like that... I'm in a detailed test and can't look at it right now to get the exact wording). 

Hello again Dave

I followed your tip and went to investigate the options and test on FSUIPC, and you're right this particular Axis should be assigned to "Send Direct to FSUIPC calibration" and not like I had "Send to FS as normal Axis"
Curious that on other planes it works. Ok The problem seems solved.
Thanks again for your help.

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

Antonio, I edited your title for you to use upper and lower case letters. All uppercase is usually seen as the internet version of shouting. Thanks for understanding.

Herman

Accept my apologies for carelessness

1 hour ago, Antonio Coelho said:

Hello again Dave

I followed your tip and went to investigate the options and test on FSUIPC, and you're right this particular Axis should be assigned to "Send Direct to FSUIPC calibration" and not like I had "Send to FS as normal Axis"
Curious that on other planes it works. Ok The problem seems solved.
Thanks again for your help.

You are most welcome my friend.  Sorry I couldn't remember the actual name/term, but you have it!

My friend Herman and I are the mid-watch here, we have you covered!  ;)

Archived