AS updater stops

lindbergh72

Hi,

When I try to update the A330 for the lasted hotfix, the updater stops and close around downloading. I run it as Admin and have turn off the F/W. Please help.

Please login to display this image.

Following as All my Airbus Pro's including the new A330 don't seem to be updating. I run the updater for all 3 aircraft and it downloads extracts then closes the updater. Re-open and all 3 aircraft still show red and installed version is the same as previous to attempting to update. I run the updater as admin with no luck.

Any help appreciated,

Jason

• Aerosoft

The most obvious cause is that there are still files locked ,(P3D takes a loooong time to fully close).

Reboot and then try it again, make sure you have administrative rights.

If that fails try right clicking the exe and select 'Run as Administrator'

• Aerosoft

We have a possible idea.... if you store your files in a location that Windows protects (like Program Files) it might be impossible to insert the new files as Windows simply prevents it. I added that to the manual: 

Please login to display this image.

But it might be you only saw the manual after installing.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just experienced the same problem.

Just shut the Update down with the task manager, wait a minute and try again. For me it looks like there was a hick up with the server connection.

Ok, thanks 🙂 I will try and see

It looks like it's installed:

Installing Aerosoft A330 Professional Version 1.0.0.1
=====================================================

Unpacking d:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\add-on.xml
Unpacking d:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\Documentation\Vol1-In P3D.pdf
Unpacking d:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\Readme.txt
Unpacking d:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A330 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems\Checklist.xml
Unpacking d:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A330 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems\Copilot.xml
Unpacking d:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A333 RR Professional\aircraft.cfg
Unpacking C:\Users\Frank.DESKTOP-5UE7EJV\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB\A330\assets\charts\js\index.js
Unpacking C:\Users\Frank.DESKTOP-5UE7EJV\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB\A330\assets\charts\js\modules\apiClient.js
Unpacking C:\Users\Frank.DESKTOP-5UE7EJV\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB\A330\assets\charts\js\modules\chartViewHelper.js

• Aerosoft
51 minutes ago, Captain Eagle said:

Hello
ASUpdater.exe (The file looks corrupted) but try it as Admin

just tried it, it worked

Corrupted in what way?

44 minutes ago, lindbergh72 said:

I always install as ADMIN.

But there is a difference between install as admin and with administrative rights.

But to be honest it is pretty clear the issue is that your OS simply does not allow our updater to edit files in that path. Absolutely nothing we can do about that. We have over 4000 downloads of the updater file that fails on your system, so we are pretty sure the issue is not with the file.

Archived