Pause at TOD and Engine sounds

Bigt

Hi all,

Not really sure where to put this but is anyone having issues with aircraft busting through the top-of-descent point even though you have Pause at TOD checked in settings? I have flown three flights so far and twice the aircraft has ignored my setting in the options menu.

Also, the external engine sounds during start up seem a bit lackluster, will these be adjusted? And finally, although they may be completely realistic, the internal engine sounds during shut down are non-existent in my sim. It goes from engine idle sounds (which are actually perfect in my opinion) to having no sound at all. No sense of the engines being shut down. Is this normal or will this be adjusted?

Late last night in a test for something else, I selected Pause at Next Waypoint.  Then I had to reboot P3D, I started the test again and the aircraft did not Pause at any of the Next waypoints even though I verified it was still set in MCDU#3, so I think it's the same for Pause at TOD.  It's so knew of a bug I haven't reported it yet!

This is a very minor programming error, and I'm sure it will be fixed very soon.  The work around to get the Pause at waypoints working again is to deselect the Pause at Waypoints, go through a waypoint with the setting off, and then re-select it.  Obviously that won't work for Pause at TOD, except for your next flight.

On 12/11/2019 at 3:46 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

This is the correct section. You mean  the sim does not pause?

Correct. I reached TOD but the sim and aircraft just kept going. On shorter flights this isn't a problem because I'm usually close by monitoring everything, but on long-hauls where I often go to sleep and then land the following morning when I wake up, this causes a problem.  But as Dave noted, it sounds like it is a very new bug and will get corrected.

I also noticed that you guys are looking at the missing shutdown sounds as noted in your full rewrite status update.

Thank you both for your responses and I'd like to say thank you for developing this aircraft! Once all the bugs get fixed, this is easily going to be one of my favorite aircraft!

Archived