CRJ Pro hard to fly

Hi all, I am having a bit of a time flying the new CRJ Professional which is my first exposure to the CRJ's. I have the very nice Airbus Professional bundle and that''s a pleasure to fly. I follow the checklists, read and reread all the documentation and even read and printed out pages from the excellent guide by Chuck,  but it's still a handful for one pilot to handle and at times it gets frustrating. Are there any experienced CRJ pilots that have some tips or suggestions for a newbie CRJ pilot? It would be nice to be able to have switchable automation on the CRJ's, like an automatic checklist or active first officer. Thanks.

• Developer

I understand that when you always start from cold and dark it takes a while until you get airborne. But except for the first flight in the morning, the preparation work during a turn around is significantly shorter, also in comparison to larger aircraft. The CRJ is designed as regional jet and has a couple of automatic flows. 
May I suggest to use the provided aircraft states under options in the EFB to eliminate the many steps only required after an over night stop. 

Dear Captain Fred, CRJ is a fantastic aircraft to fly, but you have to drill the technique. You have to feel it, you have to hear it, you have to take all the time you need it! It is not an Airbus, it is not a Boeing, it’s a ... CRJ! Take your time. It is not so hard, just take your time ... 😉

Archived