FCU HDG Selector and Heading Bug

NGFlyer

Hello All 

Here is a bug that I found when using the FCU HDG Selector with the AP in NAV Mode. 

-HDG BUG= With AP ON and NAV Mode Engaged, if I turn the HDG Rotary Selector,  the blue HDG bug or Value doesn't appear on the ND ( Either ARC or NAV ) and on the PFD. It only appears after the selector is pulled.

Kind Regards 

Nuno Guedes 

Hello,

I don't know whether it is a bug but I'm observing the same behaviour. Whenever preselecting a heading with NAV engaged or even in HDG sel but with NAV armed (DIR), the hdg bug is not displayed. It is only when in HDG mode only with no other mode armed.

P3D v4.5.13.32097.

3 hours ago, NGFlyer said:

Hello All 

Here is a bug that I found when using the FCU HDG Selector with the AP in NAV Mode. 

-HDG BUG= With AP ON and NAV Mode Engaged, if I turn the HDG Rotary Selector,  the blue HDG bug or Value doesn't appear on the ND ( Either ARC or NAV ) and on the PFD. It only appears after the selector is pulled.

Kind Regards 

Nuno Guedes 

I'm running HF2 V4.5.13.32097.

Kind Regards 

Nuno Guedes 

• 4 weeks later...

Today I installed the 1.0.0.6 version, but I see the bug is still there.

Did you miss it or, is it taking longer than expected to solve ?

The ND needs to show the blue HDG bug, whenever the aircraft is flying in nav, and the fcu hdg knob is turned. If the HDG knob is not pulled in a certain time, to change to HDG mode, the value will disapear in the FCU and the blue bug will disappear on the PFD and ND. This behavior is correctly represented on the PFD, but missing on the ND. 

Kind Regards 

Nuno Guedes

58 minutes ago, NGFlyer said:

Today I installed the 1.0.0.6 version, but I see the bug is still there.

Did you miss it or, is it taking longer than expected to solve ?

The ND needs to show the blue HDG bug, whenever the aircraft is flying in nav, and the fcu hdg knob is turned. If the HDG knob is not pulled in a certain time, to change to HDG mode, the value will disapear in the FCU and the blue bug will disappear on the PFD and ND. This behavior is correctly represented on the PFD, but missing on the ND. 

Kind Regards 

Nuno Guedes

The only difference between 1.0.0.5 and 1.0.0.6 is some fixes to the Checklist function, so this issue was not addressed in the update. 

Our developers aren't back yet, they start to trickle back next week. Upon their return they will work a prioritized list of bug fixes. After that, updates will likely come out to address some of the very high priority fixes (rough examples: FMGS, Aircraft Flight Dynamics, VNAV, etc.), though such updates also usually contain some low hanging fruit.  I don't know for certain.

I'll double check that this is in our Bug Data base, and what I recommend doing is checking the Change Logs of each forthcoming  update to see if this issue is on the fix list.

Thanks again for the reminder.

Best wishes.

Archived