Auto Thrust Porblems

NGFlyer

As I reported on a post in an other section, here are the problems that I found, on my first flight. 

-A/THR= The aircraft was unable to maintain its speed targets either in managed or selected, always under or overshooting the speed until alpha-floor or overspeed protection. 

Also during TO Run the SRS mode didn't engage ( I know not a function of the A/THR but still speed related ) 

Kind Regards 

Nuno Guedes 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Nuno,

Could you please take a screenshot where we can see your FCU, PFD and ND. Also please state which aircraft type are we talking here. Smaller busses or the A330?

Hello Secondator

The aircraft in question is the A330 

Regarding the SRS I got to work. It must have been some sort of preflight error. 

A/THR not following the commanded spd was with version 1.0.0.0, I haven't checked 1.0.0.2 because I cannot use my throttle quadrant with the aircraft making it unflyable for now. 

Kind Regards 

Nuno Guedes 

I had the same issue. Went into alpha floor at initial cruise altitude of 34000feet  with speed selected at 180kts ias while managed speed was supposed to be mach 0.79. Only thing i noticed abnormal was my EFOB at destination was at -0.1. Fixed it by shooting toga and wait the speed to manually climb back to supposed managed speed levels and then idling the throttle  to idle detent and pushing it back to CLB detent with A/T reactivated. While EFOB was predicting i would be arriving with no fuel i actually landed with 8.2 tonnes of fuel left.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for hijacking this post but i'm having the same prob with the original post user, the Aerosoft A330 v 1.0.0.4.

no external 3rd weather and the aircraft is "idle" at 1.3 epr which causing the speed trend to increase in level flight

Please login to display this image.

Best way to see what bugs out is:

Recreate the problem where the speed just keeps going up and above the set speed. Disconnect autothrottle on the MCP. (A/TRST) and pull the handles back. Two things might happen:
Aircraft will slow down, or throttles wont respond.

If:

(a)Aircraft is slowing down, right as it reaches 230kts (10 below ur set) push throttle back to climb and turn on the autothrust on the MCP. If speed stabilizes and does not go above set there is some bug in your configuration of binds.

(b)After reconnect of throttle it still keep going past set speed see part 2.

2. Aircraft even after all disconnects keep accelerating .... some serious interference in binds, could be either LINDA or FSUIPC. Make sure you do not use any binds for FLX, CLB or TOGA  but rather actual throttles. (Assuming you have throttles). I'd suggest a quick re-instal using admin rights.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Yes my throttles are bonded via FSUIPC. 

Now in 1.0.0.6 version,  the problem kind manifests it self in another way.  

When I move the throttles in my quadrant, the ones on the aircraft only move a little bit and then if I trie to give keyboard inputs, they become unresponsive to the forward F3/F4 movement. If I load the aircraft and don’t touch my quadrant, but just use the keyboard commands, the aircraft operates fine and I’m able to maintain speed with the auto-thrust.

Kind Regards 

Nuno Guedes

Just on autothrust, when the airspeed moves into the red zone due to weather mostly, the autothrust doesn't reduce thrust to allow the airspeed to bleed off back to the managed speed value.

Cheers

Craig

Archived