Having checklist issues in the A330

Hi all.... Just purchased the A330 and it's a beautiful plane! I'm having some issues with the checklists however. First off I'm a bit confused with the FS2Crew locked version that is "optional"....what exactly does that do over not installing it at all? I uninstalled it and deactivated it on the configurator and I don't notice any difference. From what I understand it's built into the aircraft, correct? I mean I still hear all the checklist call outs, etc so I'm not sure what the benefit is of having the locked version installed. 

My main issue is I keep getting a repeated pilot message "Lights on" over and over and over and over and OVER. It seems to be related to the taxi and rwy turnoff lights. As soon as the announcement starts, the lights switch to on and I can't turn them off. Flipping the switches only moves it and then it goes right back to ON again. The only way I can get it to stop is to actually turn off the checklist option. Then I can manually turn the lights off and they stay off. If I turn the checklist back on, it happens again. This happens long after I taxi out...actually after engine start my checklist would not continue. I figured out that I think it's waiting for the parking brake set/release because once I do that again, holding short of the runway, the "WAIT" message pops up and it continues the checklist again. But that's when this "Lights On" message starts. It's so frustrating! Any idea what the problem could be? I'm not denying I might be doing something wrong but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I've had no issues with this on the A320 Pro series. 

Thank you!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived