after go around no checklist

Today I made a go around at EDDF. Everything works fine. The copilot said "go around" and that's all.

I flew the missed approach proc. as published but there was no announce from the copilot.

So I land w/o them, taxi to the gate, shutdown and here we are.

But the checklist isn't availible so I cannot start a new flight.

Maybe it is possible to add a "reset" button into the 3rd MCDU to restart the checklist?

• Deputy Sheriffs

When did you engage the GoAround? I just tested it and it worked without any problems. By the way the GA CH function should be initiated after the Landing CL has been completed....... If you still have problems please send us a screenshot of the cockpit just before engaging GA.

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

The pictures are not from 100 feet but even before the ECAM Landing Memo appeared - which happens around 2.000 feet.  At app. 1.000 feet all settings should be made  - no blue items anymore. After that you can engage GA (using the CL and copilot). So please send me a screen shot of the cockpit at that moment e.g. you are below 1.000 feet RA and there are no blue items on the ECAM Landing Memo......

Regards,

Rolf

Here are new screenshots. A/P off at 1000ft AGL. GA was 100ft AGL. The semicopilot annunces "go aound, flaps" and thats it.

At the second landing the GPWS conts normal until 50ft. The 50ft annunce was repeated until landing. The other annuncements (20, retard, 10, 5) came also and correct)

regards

Charly

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I recognized one thing in the screenshots - FMA does not display TO/GA and another question: Is the Copilot function still ON to do all the necessary settings like GEAR UP and FLAPS? I cannot see it from the screenshots you provided...... Or what are you expecting after the announcement?

Regards,

Rolf

The announce was not "50". It was "minimum". Normaly "minimum" announces 1 time. Here it announces until T/D.

Here a foto until G/A and a short video with the "minimum" announce.

Please login to view this video.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 15.12.2019 at 16:43, Hanse sagte:

I recognized one thing in the screenshots - FMA does not display TO/GA and another question: Is the Copilot function still ON to do all the necessary settings like GEAR UP and FLAPS? I cannot see it from the screenshots you provided...... Or what are you expecting after the announcement?

If we shall help you with the GA issue then please first answer my questions (see above). Otherwise I will have to close this thread. The missing GPW calls are a complete different issue and have nothing to do with your maybe GA problems and the Checklist. So please open another new thread for this in the right section. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK - I just also tried a GA and everything worked perfect e. g. the copilot retratcted the landig gear and set the flaps back to 3, 2, 1 and finally to 0 . Could you please make another attempt and set the MCDU3 view to display the second part of the CL - so I can see which one is really active. By the way why in the screenshot there was no ECAM Landing Memo and the flaps were already set to 3?  Still FOB nearly 30t?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Charly,

thanks for the videos and I now believe to know what happend. The CL is working fine e.g. after the PF anounces "GoAround - Flaps" the PNF sets the gear up and the flaps to three. So until then everything works as required. The next action would be to set the flaps to 2, 1 and up - which did not happen. The reason seems to be your speed  which is too fast going up because your pitch is much too low - see the FD. Therefore the limit for setting flaps 2 is already excceded. Please try it again and follow the FD..... (like you do during taking off). 

Regards,

Rolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived