Excessive Fuel use

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, cdog said:

Im not sure whats correct or if this may help any but I did a short flight yesterday CYYZ-CYUL with the Air Canada 330 and noticed on climb out that each engine was burning between 13000-15000 LBS an hour. So 26,000-30,000Lbs for both. Is this correct fuel burn? I also was landing with way lower than what was planned in CYUL. 

We really need log files to find out what is happening.

22 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We really need log files to find out what is happening.

Id be happy to send you what you need. I haven't used the sim since shutting down yesterday. Is there something I can send you or does it need to be done during flight?

Cameron

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If I get some time later today I will do this. I did snap a screenshot yesterday because I thought it was odd and wanted to compare to other addons to see what they showed for burn in the climb.

Cameron

Please login to display this image.

One observation from my side, maybe it'll help:

Today I was flying from Oslo to Tenerife.

I loaded 41 t fuel, loaded the aircraft, and so on.

I noticed, that after about 1 hour inflight the FOB-Value on the REPORT-Page of the MCDU was wrong, about 8 t below the true value.

Also the EFOB value was negative (about -0.5).

All other values (especially on the FUEL PRED page) were correct and showed the right numbers, also the FOB on the ECAM was the right one.

So only the FOB-value on the REPORT Page and the EFOB values were wrong.

On my side, I don't have problems with too high fuel consumption values.

I've attached the data folder, maybe my observation helps!

Data.zip

1 hour ago, MatthiasKNU said:

One observation from my side, maybe it'll help:

Today I was flying from Oslo to Tenerife.

I loaded 41 t fuel, loaded the aircraft, and so on.

I noticed, that after about 1 hour inflight the FOB-Value on the REPORT-Page of the MCDU was wrong, about 8 t below the true value.

Also the EFOB value was negative (about -0.5).

All other values (especially on the FUEL PRED page) were correct and showed the right numbers, also the FOB on the ECAM was the right one.

So only the FOB-value on the REPORT Page and the EFOB values were wrong.

On my side, I don't have problems with too high fuel consumption values.

I've attached the data folder, maybe my observation helps!

Data.zip 1.08 MB · 3 downloads

SO i have to put this files where ? because when i'm flying EFOB down down down.

1 hour ago, cdog said:

If I get some time later today I will do this. I did snap a screenshot yesterday because I thought it was odd and wanted to compare to other addons to see what they showed for burn in the climb.

Cameron

By the way my cockpit is very dark ! I remove tomatoshade but I have PTA. Why you're cockpit is like this  I want the same lol

3 minutes ago, Eliott Cremers said:

By the way my cockpit is very dark ! I remove tomatoshade but I have PTA. Why you're cockpit is like this  I want the same lol

I find it pretty dark as well. Screenshot may have been lighter for some reason. I wish there was a way to turn off the tint like the new CRJ but I don't see that option. I only have default shaders, no PTA or Tomato. 

5 minutes ago, cdog said:

I find it pretty dark as well. Screenshot may have been lighter for some reason. I wish there was a way to turn off the tint like the new CRJ but I don't see that option. I only have default shaders, no PTA or Tomato. 

Thanks can you help me for the fuel ? Where I put this files ?

vor 44 Minuten, Eliott Cremers sagte:

Thanks can you help me for the fuel ? Where I put this files ?

Nowhere.

I attached these files, so that the Developers have the log files to find the error...

They are not inteded to be used in other installations.

Just departed in Tenerife, and I have taken a few pictures of the problem:

Moments after takeoff - everything looks ok:

Then retracted the flaps, and looked again on the MCDU - the FOB was wrong:

On 12/10/2019 at 12:15 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Keep in mind that predictions on an A330 are just what the term states, predictions. We have seen them off by a lot in real aircraft.

The only reason the EFOB would be seriously off in the real aircraft is if there’s a problem with data input, such as winds being inaccurate. Occasionally the FCMCs get their knickers in a twist, but that’s pretty rare (and easily remedied with a reset).  It’s not unusual to see up to a tonne difference between the FOB display and the FU calculation, but as long as its steady that’s not a problem. Cruise fuel burn on the 330-343 should be between 2-2.5 tonnes per hour per engine under most circumstances; anything else is an aberration. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

We believe there are now two separate issues reported on this topic.

@hilkiah looking at the temperatures on your lower ECAM you have ISA of +86 degrees. This is definitely wrong and would cause the engine performance calculations to do all kinds of weird things because they were not designed to work in such unrealistic environment.

For everyone that is experiencing issues with the fuel predictions: We are currently investigating this and looking for a solution. Thanks for your feedback.

Quick question to people experiencing issues with the fuel predictions on the FMGS: Are you uploading the enroute winds for the flight in the FMGS?

vor 35 Minuten, Secondator sagte:

Quick question to people experiencing issues with the fuel predictions on the FMGS: Are you uploading the enroute winds for the flight in the FMGS?

Thank you for looking into this.

Yes, i do upload the winds in the FMGS, I am using ASP4. The arrival time prediction is pretty accurate, so there seems to be nothing wrong.

At the moment im in the air on my way from EDDM to KBOS an by an CI from 50 every engine uses 2900 KG fuel per Hour. Starte in Munich with an EFOB from approx. 5.9 t after 64% of Flight I had an EFOB of 2.4t on Arrival and it is sinking. Start the Flight with 62.6 t of Fuel now Burned 36.3t with a fuel flow of 90 -100 kg per min.

In other Planes the EFOB sinking not so rapid as in the A330 with wind of the Nose. N3 is bei round about 84%.

Hope that helps a bit

12 hours ago, Secondator said:

Looked into this log file. You took off with 5760 kg of fuel on board, so I believe that would be the reason why you ran out of it so quickly.

ACCCHAAAAAA!!!!!   (slaps hand in face!).... I guess I accidentally left off a "0" when entering my weights.....although I can swear I loaded fuel using the fuel planner and initializing the file with the 3rd mcdu.  In any event....now it makes sense.

Last night I flew from EDDL to KEWR with 64,500kg of fuel - had zero issues.  Landed with plenty of fuel in the tank.  I did experience other anomalies, but I will search the forum for answers.  thanks for the info!

Anyone know how I can fuel up midflight. Doing a 10hr flight and don't really want to restart 6hrs in due to this issue....? I try to fuel up through the Fuel and Payload section of P3D but nothing happens when I click OK...

@Araxxos I had this problem earlier in the week.  I tried using the P3D refueling option but that didn’t seem to work. The plane ran out of and started to descend however all my displays kept working.   I think I tried refueling using the p3d menu a few times and then gave up.   I left the flight running and left the house for about 10mins. When I returned the flight was still in the air (about FL030).  It was climbing and descending erratically.  Then I noticed I had 0 fuel in my tanks but the FOB was showing something different.  I then climbed back to cruise level and was able to complete my flight.   I say all this to say

- try refueling AFTER the plane runs out of fuel (using the p3d fuel menu option)
- keep an eye on the FOB area on the fuel ECAM page (don’t worry about the fuel in the individual tanks)

On 12/10/2019 at 2:14 PM, hilkiah said:

Update....I'm still alive!!  I was able to add fuel to the plane though the fuel tanks all show 0 fuel available, the FOB shows something else.  I am back at cruise and hopefully will be able to land this bird.  I used the Vehicle menu -> Fuel and Payload option.

See here

Dear Aerosoft Team,

first of all thanks for your great work. I´m really loving the A330.

I did also have a couple of bugs which were fixed with the first 2 updates. Thanks for your fast support.

At the moment I´m flying a flight plan from KMIA to TNCM :)

In air refueling has also shown up on my flight. Interestingly enough the "REFUELG" - Info dissapeared by itself again and my fuel was being used again.

You will find my Zipped Data-Files attached. I am using GSX2 as well.

Hope this might help you guys. :)

Data.zip

Data.zip

Just in case you need more logs.

The thread title is misleading because the actual fuel consumption is spot on. It is just the EFOB values in the MCDU that are significantly too low temporarily.

The EFOB values are okay until just after takeoff. Then suddenly all the shown values are about 6 + 8 tons too low. That starts with the next waypoint and continues from there. So the calculation between waypoints seems to be correct. The problem is that the EFOB for the next waypoint is much too low. The discrepancy gets worse for some time, then somewhere midflight starts to improve and shortly before approach the values get correct again. The actual fuel consumption is correct throughout the flight (according to SimBrief calculations for each waypoint and actual FOB readings).

That has been the same for me on all my flights so far.

• Like 1