Possible fix

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately this did not work for me. I still get the following CTD when clicking on the EFB tabs.; seems to happen most when I click on the "Links" tab.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.13.32097, time stamp: 0x5d8abf93
Faulting module name: EFB_Ctrl.dll, version: 1.64.0.7, time stamp: 0x5db8e00d
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000007194
Faulting process id: 0x768
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b8f592cca9c2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\Wil28\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A330 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\WebSimGauge\EFB_Ctrl.dll
Report Id: 1241c188-24e9-11ea-8565-382c4a56e883
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I also did a full reinstall of P3D, A330 (1.0.0.4), and update my video drivers; same result. Anything else I can try would be appreciated.

Thank you 

• Aerosoft
26 minutes ago, Daniele Delsalto said:

I am having a problem installing the A330 can you help me fix this problem please.

If please can you help telling me which add on I need to have or what to do.

I do not have good news for you... the feature transfer error is one of the most nasty you can have as it is very hard to fix. There are thousands of web pages about it (https://www.google.com/search?q=feature+transfer+error&rlz=1C1CHBD_enFR863FR863&oq=feature+transfer+error&aqs=chrome.0.0l8.5991j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8) but when you call Microsoft for support they will always say it can only be fixed by re-installing the OS. The best advise I know is this one: https://kb.reallusion.com/General/50028/How-to-fix-Feature-Transfer-Error-or-Catastrophic-Failure-when-installing, but if the issue is bad enough nothing but a re-install will help. Basically what Microsoft writes: "it is caused by missing system files or broken system registry structures" is true.

The issue is caused by installers that install incorrect files for your version of the OS. While it shows when you install our add-on it indicates an issue with the OS. Our installer check the validity of the OS files. So even if the installer would continue, the add-on would most likely not run.

Btw, please do no hijack non related topics. As you issue does not match the topic title I will close it and ask you to make a new topic in the correct section for any follow up.

On 12/22/2019 at 11:20 AM, blindfinder said:

Unfortunately this did not work for me. I still get the following CTD when clicking on the EFB tabs.; seems to happen most when I click on the "Links" tab.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.13.32097, time stamp: 0x5d8abf93
Faulting module name: EFB_Ctrl.dll, version: 1.64.0.7, time stamp: 0x5db8e00d
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000007194
Faulting process id: 0x768
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b8f592cca9c2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\Wil28\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A330 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\WebSimGauge\EFB_Ctrl.dll
Report Id: 1241c188-24e9-11ea-8565-382c4a56e883
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I also did a full reinstall of P3D, A330 (1.0.0.4), and update my video drivers; same result. Anything else I can try would be appreciated.

Thank you 

You could possibly disable the links. I erased FlightAware on mine it’s one that caused it and it disabled all the links for me. I get a white screen now. But no CTD. Plus I can still use the other features on the EFB. 

• Aerosoft

if you replace the user_links.txt in Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB\A330\assets\userlinks with the attached one you will see an error message but all links will be disabled you can't CTD the sim that way.

user_links.txt

Archived