A330 random CTD when changing view

miccasharon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, miccasharon said:

Captain Bambi,

In your case, ATC window opened when hang or CTD happened? 

How about when you open Map? No CTD or Hang?

Hope guys from Aerosoft can give us some idea to solve this.

Yuki

No but i had my GSX window open instead, but i don't think that is the issue, i've never had this problem with my PMDG's or A318-a321 series, or any other aircraft addons.

Re-installed Client and Content.

No Joy.

I noticed everytime I open ATC window and change view to external view, P3D hangs. Not immediately CTD. I can still here sounds but hungs and P3d doesn't respond anymore.

Maybe I have to make totally clean install. 

• Aerosoft
34 minutes ago, miccasharon said:

Me too. All other aircraft are working fine

That is not very surprising as you most likely do not have any aircraft installed that uses the very latest compilers.

Keep in mind we have many thousands of customers who do not have the issues you have. We are more than willing to assist you, but as we are sure that all will work when the OS and the sim is correct it is hard to comment. Basically we do not know what causes this but we know what will solve 100% sure.

Hello I load to aircraft successfully most of the time and are able to fly it. The rest of the time I get successful load up and then the below happens. shortly followed by a CTD.

Please login to display this image.

I have just loaded another aircraft. It appears to be a graphics card issue.

It appears to be a graphics card issue.

I have encountered the same problem, after being accented by the plane and having performed the pushback by starting the taxi the sim the crashes and crashes, I checked the events and as an error gives me the KERNALBASE, I tried to uninstall and delete all the folders but nothing, my version of p3d is the latest

I notice when I leave ATC window opend in VC then

1)use view bar to change view

2)change view to external

3)open Map view

all the time 100% P3D hangs and goes to CTD.

Anyways, I will try to have clean install of P3d over the weekend.

BTW, what Graphic card are you guys using?

Mine is NVDIA 1070ti.

If we all use same card, it might be some compatibility issue with card? 

I use nvidia 1060 6gb

3 minutes ago, miccasharon said:

I notice when I leave ATC window opend in VC then

1)use view bar to change view

2)change view to external

3)open Map view

all the time 100% P3D hangs and goes to CTD.

Anyways, I will try to have clean install of P3d over the weekend.

BTW, what Graphic card are you guys using?

Mine is NVDIA 1070ti.

If we all use same card, it might be some compatibility issue with card? 

But i dont use the Bar for change view  , i use chaseplane for view 

8 hours ago, James attwood said:

Hello I load to aircraft successfully most of the time and are able to fly it. The rest of the time I get successful load up and then the below happens. shortly followed by a CTD.

Please login to display this image.

I have just loaded another aircraft. It appears to be a graphics card issue.

It appears to be a graphics card issue.

Of course it's very difficult to tell from the screen shot, but are you using third party shaders.  If so... we and other aircraft developers have seen third party shaders cause a wide range of issues including CTDs.

If you are using third party shaders, we (and other high end aircraft developers) strongly recommend removing them.  In fact, the third party shader fad seems to have run it's course in the flight sim community, at least where airliners are concerned (it's still pretty strong with GA flying).

Something else to check is that you are runnig with HDR turned on in P3D and you have Wideview selected in P3D as well.

I hope some of this may be helpful to you.

Best wishes.

11 hours ago, Cpt Bambi said:

I just did a successful flight, was being careful not to change view whilst atc or gsx window was open.

Cpt, Bambi,

It's good to hear that.

I tried to reproduce error for investigation but never tried to avoid that.

If we can fly well without ATC leave opened, we can be very careful all the time not to leave it opened.

I took a flight this afternoon in real world to move to Taiwan.

I will try to fly A330 to check when I come home on weekend.

Also others, I hope all of you can find a way to fix the CTD problem.

Let's keep on share if ever you have new findings for solution.

I believe all of you loves this bird, excellent gift from Aerosoft. 

So, keep on punching!

Yuki

7 minutes ago, waltervizzi said:

sorry but to crash I mean CTD crash to desktop, no against objects 🤦‍♂️is is the report error

Ah, I understand.  I was on my phone when I initially replied to you and missed that.

There are a LOT of things which can cause the Kernelbase.dll CTD, and it's usually not the aircraft software.  Of course the next thing I'd ask if I were in your shoes is "then why doesn't this happen with my other payware airliners?", and that is an excellent question in all respects!

The reason is that as far as I know, Aerosoft is the only developer who uses the P3Dv4 compilers for our Airbus software.  Of course there are other differences as well, I know that other high end aircraft developers use different versions of Microsoft C++ Redistributables.  My point here is that just because one doesn't get a CTD with another aircraft, that doesn't point to the aircraft software as the culprit unless the same underlying code is the same and in this case they are most decidedly different. 

Taken from the AVSIM P3D CTD Guide

Kernelbase.dll – A system file so a problem with your computer system. FSX or P3D just happened to be running when the event occurred. Related to StackHash errors and NTDLL.dll errors (see below). No known fix but some have solved this problem by -

• Updating or reinstalling their video card drivers (Important:  See my note below regarding this).
• Scanning your system for corrupt/missing files

• Disable startup programs by typing msconfig in the Windows search box. When open, look at the Startup tab and disable all startups (they are all not needed for operation of your computer).
• User Profile Corrupted – last resort, fix possible corrupted user profile.

Pulled through the cob webs of what used to be my brain... I can also share that overclocking CPU/GPU and/or having high processor/motherboard temps can most certainly cause a CTD when Kernelbase.dll is called out.  Because I overclock my old i7-4770K Haswell processor with a stock speed is 3.5GHz, I sometimes (rarely) get a  CTD that cites Kernelbase.dll.  Of course this has nothing to do with the Airbus software,  it's my having all 4 processor cores locked at 4.5GHz - whch will take life off your processor unless you are using a good water cooler to keep the temps down!

Updating NVIDIA/AMD Video Card Drivers

A few months ago NVIDIA began including a wipe of previous graphics drivers whenever users update their graphics drivers - it's now built in, which is a very good thing because  in the past overwrites of these files someimtes created some major issues and caused CTDs.

Before NVDIA included the wipe during the driver update installation, the best thing one could do is to Wipe the previous drivers using the Display Driver Uninstaller from Guru3D and then install the new NVIDIA drivers.  I've resolved many seemingly inexplicable technical issues with FSX an P3D by doing this.  The process of wiping and reinstalling your graphics card drivers is pretty fast and easy to do, so if  you're having Kernelbase.dll CTDs then it's one of the first things I'd do to try an resolve this problem.

I'm not sure if the NVIDIA driver uninstaller (built into and now done automatically when updating graphics drivers) is as thorough as the DDU software from Guru3D, but I know the quality of the DDU software so that's what I recommend for people having Kernelbase.dll CTDs.

I recommend you first download the standalone graphics driver installer for your graphics card BEFORE wiping your existing drivers.

I have looked it up online and on my computer. I need to buy a new monitor and graphics card. My monitor is not HDR capable. The graphics card just so I can take advantage of the new monitor. At best it looks like a couple months before I am going to be able to use the A330 again.

Archived