FS2Crew now supports the A330

Letting FS2Crew users know that FS2Crew has released Version 3.4 of FS2Crew Airbus Pro.

Version 3.4 includes FREE support for the new A330.

To obtain version 3.4, login to your FS2Crew account, click "Completed Orders", then re-download and re-install the Airbus Pro version.

Also, if you're using Ultimate Ground Crew X with the new A330, no issues have been reported thus far, so it should work out out of the box.

Please login to display this image.

14 hours ago, marcusjm said:

I have it for 777/737 and Majestic but have hold off on Airbus due to the very competent co-pilot. 

I was in that boat for some time myself, and the first few A320 flights with FS2Crew were a little less than satisfying due to a handful of issues caused by my own unfamiliarity and at least one bug.  But since then I would never go back.

The "competent co-pilot" is great (relied on him for probably 200 successful flights) but he doesn't respond to commands, which can be really handy when you want to hand fly a tricky procedure!  So now he just rides in the jump seat in case the "more able" copilot passes out.  :)

37 minutes ago, Sabretooth78 said:

I was in that boat for some time myself, and the first few A320 flights with FS2Crew were a little less than satisfying due to a handful of issues caused by my own unfamiliarity and at least one bug.  But since then I would never go back.

The "competent co-pilot" is great (relied on him for probably 200 successful flights) but he doesn't respond to commands, which can be really handy when you want to hand fly a tricky procedure!  So now he just rides in the jump seat in case the "more able" copilot passes out.  :)

You have convinced me :). After all I get it for the 320/321 as well.

I have to buy ChasePlane too. Using the default doesn't cut it for me.

• Aerosoft

While I never use it while testing a new product (as we really want things to work on the default sim), Chaseplane is just about the only add-on I never go without if I fly for fun. I think we did a kick-ass job of the view management in the A330, the focus on view option is really pretty novel) but ChasePlane is a lot better.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

While I never use it while testing a new product (as we really want things to work on the default sim), Chaseplane is just about the only add-on I never go without if I fly for fun. I think we did a kick-ass job of the view management in the A330, the focus on view option is really pretty novel) but ChasePlane is a lot better.

I should have added that the view settings with the airbuses makes life easier. I mean that my default views are tough to handle. I get this awful zoom level where everything looks like a fish eye lens. I have tried resetting the cameras but nothing works.

Chasecamera seems to have much more options and presets.

FS2Crew has just been updated!

FS2Crew Aerosoft Airbus Pro Version 3.5 is now up on the FS2Crew server.

Please re-download via your FS2Crew account at: www.fs2crew.com

Major changes (V3.5):

Fixes:

APU, Battery and APU bleed handling fixed in the A330.

PM should now select Predictive Windsheer during his/her taxi flow (Wx Radar we're leaving to the user).

NEW!

If your audio ever drops, "right click" on the Audio Test Button to restore your audio.

Audio dropping can be a common problem when using wireless headsets or if your audio port goes to sleep.

The new audio restore system is currently in the Aerosoft Airbus version only.  It will soon be added to the other FS2Crew's.

Please login to display this image.

NOTAM 14 Dec 2019:

I just put Version 3.4B up on the server.  The 330 required a lot more changes than originally expected 🙂

To install, re-download via your FS2Crew account and re-install.  No need to uninstall first.

Changes:

1. FO should now press STD on his side when passing the Transition Alt and Level.

2. Door 2 left should now close during pre-flight events if using the turn-around state.

3. If APU Bleed and Master is in, you will no be warned about the APU not being on in the 330.

4. Pre-flight event times adjusted depending on if you're using the A330 or the non A330 models.  A330 now starts at plus 45 minutes to departure.

5. Allowed voice commands when UGCX Voice Control running relaxed a bit.

One user asked about the TO Trim:  It's something we're still looking at.  Getting the FO to accurately set the TO trim during his After Start flow is complex.  So watch him closely in case he's off by a bit.

2 hours ago, FS2Crew Developer said:

NOTAM 14 Dec 2019:

I just put Version 3.4B up on the server.  The 330 required a lot more changes than originally expected 🙂

To install, re-download via your FS2Crew account and re-install.  No need to uninstall first.

Changes:

1. FO should now press STD on his side when passing the Transition Alt and Level.

2. Door 2 left should now close during pre-flight events if using the turn-around state.

3. If APU Bleed and Master is in, you will no be warned about the APU not being on in the 330.

4. Pre-flight event times adjusted depending on if you're using the A330 or the non A330 models.  A330 now starts at plus 45 minutes to departure.

5. Allowed voice commands when UGCX Voice Control running relaxed a bit.

One user asked about the TO Trim:  It's something we're still looking at.  Getting the FO to accurately set the TO trim during his After Start flow is complex.  So watch him closely in case he's off by a bit.

I guess you mean 3.5B

One thing I wonder...

On download site it now says: You can download this 12 times more.

Why do you count updates towards zero?

Can you make an updater so I do not have to use my limited downloads for updates.

On 12/17/2019 at 9:48 AM, FS2Crew Developer said:

FYI, V3.5C is now current.

3.5C addresses a few audio issues.

Update procedure is same as before.

Does this fix some of the co pilot sounds coming from left speaker?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 9:09 AM, Cpt Bambi said:

Does this fix some of the co pilot sounds coming from left speaker?

Yes... and FYI Version 3.6 is now on the server.

All FS2Crew Airbus Pro owners should re-download and re-install the product to get the latest version at: www.fs2crew.com

Did this update somehow affect the regular 320/321? I can not get the panel active. It works fine in the 333 but not in the 321 I tried.

I have the latest update for Airbus Pro.

Nevermind. I used the wrong configurator :).

Archived