Cockpit Displays blured (A330)

Hi guys

I noticed that the cockpit displays are slightly blury. They are not „sharp“ as in the 18-21 busses. Tho VC looks phenomenal! It is HD and works perfectly, just the displays are not in HD.

With the normal captain view and a zoom of approximately 0.45 (not wide view) and the recommended settings (as in the introduction sheets) i am not able to read the parameters and values of the engine data for example. Also the navigation display looks a bit blured and the green flightpath is thiker than usual. 

do i have wrong or missing graphic settings or is there a special recommendation who can solve this? 
in the video and on youtube the displays are „sharp“ and good readable. 

cheers Pascal 

@Mathijs Kok  thx for your help. i first did the settings as in your manual. 

but they are still not readable. as in te picture

Do i use wrong settings? C++ is the newest, hdr is on 

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Your graphiccard is simply not capable to handle such high settings. I have the same type and use the following settings which work perfect:
FXAA = on

AA = 4xMS

Anisotropic 4x

Tex resolution 2048x2048

If you still encounter a problem, somethig on your system is not as it should be. E.g. if you are using Nvidia Inspector: get rid ot it.

thx for your help :D 

Yeah, becaus in the videos the flightpath shown on the nav display is much thiner and sharper.

Does it look similar in your sim?

I try this now, otherwise it is time for a new craphiccard and ram and a processor. 

the last pic is way more near as yours. Zoom in more and it should be same sharp.

I have set my textures to 2k (you have it on 4k) on a RTX 2080 with panel mip-mapping active. Everything perfectly crisp.

You have to imagine 1 very big picture with lots of details, if you shrink that to 25% and show it in a "frame" and look at it from a distance of course you cannot see all details. As more near you go (zoom in) it finally shows the real result.

The very same effect should be seen here in the forum. Look at my pic in the post and then click it to have it zoomed in. The zoomed in one will be way more sharp. Normally there is mipmapping to fix this issue but it doesnt work perfect on every zoomlevel and it depends on how big the real texture is.

Archived